View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 whats next for xen1 and xen2? 

Goldmine wrote:
No doubt props contribute to the value of an item but we have had the same propping system for years and the economy still functioned far better before. There are multiple reasons the economy doesent work however I would like to focus the idea more on EJ setting up Xenimus 2 correctly rather than the current server..

Problems for economy on Xenimus 2:
1) Level caps: nobody wants to trade for items below level 65 as they would be "temporary" items. Before level caps/level capped at 34 you could trade for items a long way short of end game making this an inclusive activity for the whole game.
2) Props: as per above. Certain props are must have (AMD for mages, speed for melees, amp, hp props). Without these props an item can become meaningless.
3) Gaps in gear: Before the difference between items was small so the idea of trading down a tier was option for enough value. This also meant ou could trade up items .
4) volume of mid range items: before there was a balanced number of items. Now in Xenimus there are 100s of items just below end game with often very few end game ones. This means the item you have before trading up is almost worthless. Compounded with problem 3 above.
5) how gear is acquired: tradable gear used to be acquired through drops, level drops and lucky chest pulls. Now gear is only acquired through farming DD winch rules out anyone getting gear who cant farm DD.
6) best items seem to have most ac/dmg and the best inbuilt stats...

So how to fix trading for Xenimus 2? various options :

1) remove equip levels
2) allow badly propped items to be broken down for some other value?
3) bring all end game gear much closer together?
4) make items have more unique qualities. If item 1 has 20% more AC why not make item 2 have 5% more attack speed. Or a mage armor has 100 more ac have the one the other one have 2 amd more.
5) for X2 EJ needs t othink carefully of not allowing certain items to be flooded into game like happens on X1
6) having alternative ways gear flows into the game other than farming DD... 70 pull for example doesent need to be capped? Bring back random pulls?

Not to sound like an a**. But aren't there like 2 players active on Xen 2? Even with 2-5 players, its inherently going to have crap trading. Especially since only one of those players is 70, he has no one to trade with. Unless he trades his gear to someone but why would he do that? no one will have anything he needs.

On another note, not related to your post specifically, I don't think less gear will promote trading. When plat decreased so did trading activity, expect the same if gear rates drop. Bottom line why people don't trade is because they have to accept they will almost certainly never get that item back. How many possible props are there for an item 10-12? Statistically speaking, getting the same item with the same props is next to impossible. Unless you use "alternative methods".... People have a hard time letting go of their good gear because of that.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Everybody thinks they know what x2 needs but they all say it's not good enough to play or use it as a test server for x1 lol
X2 is doing fine without all of the ridiculous input from people who don't even play it.. e.j. been making good progress, the only thing I can see happening by taking advice from ppl who don't even play it or only care about x1 is probably going to do more harm than good

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am

adolf wrote:
Everybody thinks they know what x2 needs but they all say it's not good enough to play or use it as a test server for x1 lol
X2 is doing fine without all of the ridiculous input from people who don't even play it.. e.j. been making good progress, the only thing I can see happening by taking advice from ppl who don't even play it or only care about x1 is probably going to do more harm than good

fine? 2 ppl?

Loki – The sly, trickster of the Norse gods. Son of two giants. Also known as the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer and the Sky Traveller. Becomes increasingly more evil. He is responsible for the death of Balder. Bound until Ragnarok.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:27 am

Props are a serious issue, I agree.

But I also think a lot of the problem comes with the games longevity. Even with ridiculously low drop rates, over a long enough time span we will end up with too much gear. So much, in fact, that badly propped items can literally go straight into the vendor, regardless of ilvl, with very few exceptions (a couple rings that i can think of).

I'm not saying we need a wipe...

But I'm definitely hinting at it.

EDIT: Oh and a reduction in drop rates, to extend the longevity.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:22 am

this topic seems to be hiding to a few good points why to xen2 tho idk..

1, there proof on this topic a lot of you don't play xen2 or only get to level 10 and say ##%@@ it,

2. There is NO low level trading due to the low level gear below level 50 is all NDNT from *found items* or boss farming. (if you played you would know this)

other point I see here is people don't like how propping works if you don't get 10% AMD on a staff (main prop on any item) the valu of that staff becomes almost free,

having bad prop items give the ppl who are poor a better luck of getting items they can never it (difference value of gears)

other point is. most of high end gear is ndnt so how can you trade.

**this topic showing a lot of greed**

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:20 am

no trading isnt level 65 only idiot.

People put their good gear on newb chars ALL the time to trade around.

People like to trade for end game items when lower level if they can afford it.

Equip levels are fine and dont need to be removed for 1 bad player.

Loki – The sly, trickster of the Norse gods. Son of two giants. Also known as the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer and the Sky Traveller. Becomes increasingly more evil. He is responsible for the death of Balder. Bound until Ragnarok.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2