View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 what happens with duplicate names after merge? 

Does the lower level get forced to change?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Maybe a nice opportunity for everyone to rename their characters (back in the day you used to be able to do that)

Name change, combined with week on week off full pvp and maybe a rethinking raids giving something different too just a chance at ndnt item has the potential to be used to bring back a nice amount of players.

Should be promoted via email as a kind of relaunch!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 pm

this post is JUST about duplicate names and not name changes in general. Keep all troll posts and unrelated posts cleaned up please mods. Ty.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm

[quote="Heimdallr"]Maybe a nice opportunity for everyone to rename their characters (back in the day you used to be able to do that)

Name change, combined with week on week off full pvp and maybe a rethinking raids giving something different too just a chance at ndnt item has the potential to be used to bring back a nice amount of players.

Should be promoted via email as a kind of relaunch![/quote]
+1

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:07 pm

why talk about merge

when its not even certain yet...

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm guessing the lower level version of the name gets forced into a name change?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:24 pm
LiftingNerd wrote:
why talk about merge

pretty sure EJ has said he will merge, just a question of what rules (most people seem to favour full pvp except for Loki and Bottlecup who only plays X2 but I suspect we will still have 50% of the time anti-pk....)

However, population needs a boost. I think full pvp will already help but would be a great opportunity to be creative and combine the announcement with a few other changes. I think being able to change the characters names woudl at least get people to log in out of curiosity and then they may stay. That said for those who want to maintain the name should have priority over others (Loki can remain Loki...)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Heimdallr wrote:
LiftingNerd wrote:
why talk about merge

pretty sure EJ has said he will merge, just a question of what rules (most people seem to favour full pvp except for Loki and Bottlecup who only plays X2 but I suspect we will still have 50% of the time anti-pk....)

However, population needs a boost. I think full pvp will already help but would be a great opportunity to be creative and combine the announcement with a few other changes. I think being able to change the characters names woudl at least get people to log in out of curiosity and then they may stay. That said for those who want to maintain the name should have priority over others (Loki can remain Loki...)

Yeah I think he shouldnt force a name change for all but for those coming from PvP(newer chars so..) if they have the same name as a X1

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Keep the thread on its topic.

The topic is: name change for merge. Not sh*t about what would be successful in Xen.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Xen101 wrote:
Keep the thread on its topic.

The topic is: name change for merge. Not sh*t about what would be successful in Xen.

Thank you.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next