View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wands and staves 

Ej instead of nerfing wands just don't allow mages to wear wands as an off hand weapon. It looks silly and makes no sense for a caster to wear both a staff and wand....

Wearing a wand and shield should be a benefit druids and clerics get. They sacrifice damage but get armor from wearing shields.

On a side note requirements for shields staves and weapons need to be looked into. Old gear like mystic great still have strength requirements while high level gear has none at all.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 pm

The game was going on a more defensive side. Ej had said people die toooo fast, but then adds wands and dual wield.

Bigger issue with that is that you can just start doing that from level one. Things like that should require significant skill points. A lot of things are just given. No requirements needed or anything.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm

well when he made wands an off hand he nerfed wands.

adept wands lost the +3 level ability and made to be similar to a spirit wand.

he would have to make wands a little better if he makes them MAIN hand weapons again.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Adding wand to mages off hand was the worse thing for the game, Making off hand daggers FOR every melee class was also another dumb idea. The Off hand idea could of been worked out well if certain classes were allowed to trait for it or simply just give it to Rangers to be able to "duel wield" daggers/short-sword. Mage in this game did not need an extra 15%+ in dps or More HP/amp/Cast at all. His idea of removing 2 rings to "lower" damage output overall was great but then he contradict himself by making this dagger/wand update.......which ended making the DPS output even higher then it did with rings

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Loki wrote:

he would have to make wands a little better if he makes them MAIN hand weapons again.

Oh yeah I forgot wands got nerfed. So yeah he would have to revert the wands. I don't get why he wanted to give mages more damage/cast speed/ and amp from wearing the wands. This was a huge buff to mages

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Gonzilla wrote:
Loki wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot wands got nerfed. So yeah he would have to revert the wands. I don't get why he wanted to give mages more damage/cast speed/ and amp from wearing the wands. This was a huge buff to mages

Having +3 levels is also ridiculous. That = adept spells.. which is crazy strong. I wouldn't add that +3 back.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Xen101 wrote:
Gonzilla wrote:
Loki wrote:

Having +3 levels is also ridiculous. That = adept spells.. which is crazy strong. I wouldn't add that +3 back.

So why should Vis Omni Spiritus Ring be the ONLY item in game to have +3? Either more items get it or ZERO items get it.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm

All staves and wands 40 and on need a raise in requirements requiring both high Intel and wisdom, slightly more of the other depending which class the staff is meant for, this would be a good start on balancing so mages aren't so overpowered not needing any other stats to add while melee need super high strength and agility for any chance of survival.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm

The Mystic Blade needs a revamp as well =(

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Off hand wands were much needed. The warrior class was not contested until that update was made. Instead of needing things come up with better solutions. "I got killed by a mage with a wand, so nerf them" seems to be the route people take with any class that they get killed by.

On topic
Wands should have 2 sets of attributes
The current built ins when worn off hand
And possibly the old built ins when worn on main hand

The wand nerf really hurt clerics and druids.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next