View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Melee are complete garbage 

I’m with you xenforum3 that melees need a window to get that killing blow.

Freeze:
x% chance to freeze an attack for 1 second
Max 5 points
Requires 5 ice devotion

So the closest skill a melee has to freeze is daze.

Daze:
x% chance a blunt or 2h weapon will daze your enemy causing them to miss their next attack or spell.
Max points 8
Based on strength

Now daze as it is is not effective. Obviously that’s why it’s not meta to add skill points to it in current builds.

Remove - chance to miss next attack or spell
Change to - x% chance to stun target hit
Remove - blunt, 2h weapon
Change to - Any weapon

This would give melees that window to get that killing blow. This also forces a mage to trans around and not just sit there taking a blade to the face.

Last edited by Four dixon cider on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm

I actually like that % chance to stun target. MY paladin would be SICK with that on him both pvp and pve. +1

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:15 pm

Lol at that video hodar all I see is mercy showing ya who daddy is haha poor fella :(( dude can't beat me on Mercy so he crys for a nerd hahahahaha

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 am

You play the highest geared mage in game lol.... that really isnt a feat... especially on a druid..

After this pvp update.. im sure a lot of mages are going to come flock the boards. BUt when the speed adjustment happens.. melee will be back on here.

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

PS: I miss Mind Molecule and his gang.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 am

After the speed update hits, melee will be even worse. Melee stack more speed than mages do, and scale differently than mages do with speed.

The point of the video was to show how horrifically you played the entire fight. Any other time in the history of the game, you would have instantly lost. This is just one example. This is happening with all mages currently. If it were just Mercy alone that was able to toe me, my breaker, and play as if he only had 1 hand then I wouldn't care. After these updates, now every mage thinks they're suddenly just REALLY good. I can think of 5 mages off the top of my head that would have never even considered trying to fight me, that now will toe me.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:28 am

And the moral of the story is.... If you cry so much about mages why don't you actually play your vex/void geared mage hahahah oh wait he's too busy stuck on square as a permanent velo b**** lol

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:56 am

Xen101 wrote:
You play the highest geared mage in game lol

And yet hodor cries 24/7 about him and wants to nerf mages/ buff himself for ONE character in the game.

Hodor has 1/5th of Mercy;s gear. He should not even compete.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:05 am

Loki wrote:
Xen101 wrote:
You play the highest geared mage in game lol

And yet hodor cries 24/7 about him and wants to nerf mages/ buff himself for ONE character in the game.

Hodor has 1/5th of Mercy;s gear. He should not even compete.

What can Hodor do to increase his DAMAGE to kill mages?

I am not saying his DAMAGE PER SECOND. He's got that area covered.

What can he do so he can compete with Mercy using the 3rd best weapon in game?

Other then a SoS or an Oblivion sword.. There isn't anymore of an increase he can do. He can add more strength but the minimal amount of gain will not be sufficient to take down Mercy.

So what should he do other than the argument of "raise your str".

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

PS: I miss Mind Molecule and his gang.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 am

[quote="xenforum3"]After the speed update hits, melee will be even worse. Melee stack more speed than mages do, and scale differently than mages do with speed.

The point of the video was to show how horrifically you played the entire fight. Any other time in the history of the game, you would have instantly lost. This is just one example. This is happening with all mages currently. If it were just Mercy alone that was able to toe me, my breaker, and play as if he only had 1 hand then I wouldn't care. After these updates, now every mage thinks they're suddenly just REALLY good. I can think of 5 mages off the top of my head that would have never even considered trying to fight me, that now will toe me.[/quote]

Read this post again if you don't mind.
Let me reveal a little more depth to this conversation if you don't mind. I've chosen to play a darkwar. That is a decision that I made. I made that choice because I enjoyed the class, it has the highest DPS in the game, but it's also very squishy. My logic being that I am willing to give up defense for extra offense, and I will play better than my opponent to cover for my weakness which is my defense. I've already capped out damage basically. E.J made it clear that he doesn't want people doing more damage than I currently am when he nerfed claws into the ground, because that is the next step after where I currently am. So, if I'm am capped out on offense both with class, gear, build, and maxing what is intended by E.J, and I am unable to kill the squishy mages with 100% up time, and overpowered buffs from mages, there clearly must be a problem.

I can, like discussed earlier, play another class. Like my warrior, where I trade some offensive capabilities for defensive capabilities. Now if my darkwar is unable to land a kill in optimal scenarios than the lower DPS warrior will be even LESS likely to land a kill. Even if my defensive capabilities are higher, and I lower my chances to lose, I also lower my chance to win. If I play extremely well, I might can drag things out into a stalemate.

If the argument is to raise strength, we've already had this discussion before. There is a topic : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10323&start=10 -- This topic goes into the stat, and through testing numbers over time I concluded that strength literally does nothing for your damage or DPS.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 am

So why playing on a darkwar the most squishy melle class in the game should you even cry about not being able to beat me? Super VOS super VOV reg vov and super adept ring super vex Robe in the list goes on yet you cry cuz you can't beat me on a dw haha of course not play a different class... Maybe try your velo b**** mage lol

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next