View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 7% Above cap with one item on 

Wearing just a staff, 10 Naked slots on my wizard, 81 intelligence. Somehow I've hit the cap to damage?

Really dude?

So the best and only build now for any mage is 19 19 XX 22 22 seeing as we can easily hit the cap of AMD and AMP with even the worst items on?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:32 am

Unless my understanding in incorrect, most people were complaining that mages were to strong in pvp. Now its hard to even hunt on a mage in my experience after the update. A much better solution could have been to nerf their dmg or armor in pvp. I no longer pvp much so I couldn't say for sure in that area. I'm sure someone could clarify. I do think that pvp has gotten a little too fast in the recent years with all the speed buffs in gear and rings on melee and mage gear. This brings me back to my previous statement about dmg or armor nerf. Another solution would have been to buff melee direct attack so that mages die faster.

There are many areas in the game that could not be hunted easily with lots of great gear before the update. Now those places are going to be even tougher. I'm not saying its impossible but will take many more players to get to these areas. The problem comes from their not being a large player base at the moment so number of players is not in our favor. Especially after this update, many have claimed to quit. If this is here to stay then hopefully enemies can be adjusted to match the nerf? Mages, in my experience, could always hunt harder areas pre 65 vs a melee. So, I think that a monster adjustment could be beneficial across the board could benefit all.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Hope it helps

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 am

The problem with this update is that even if we did have the 100 or so lvl 70 mages it would take to kill the toughest enemies in the game doing literal minimum amounts of damage at the damage CAP

We still would get no stronger at all after the 1000-2000 hours spent it would take to find a single item as gear means nothing anymore. This is by far the most blatantly stupid update I've seen EJ make in the 20 years I've been playing.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:06 am

Mages still do good damage in pvp and they tank like crazy sitting at 90cons

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:12 am

the problem was never that mages did to much damage or tanked to much

it was simply that melees were to nerfed they needed to be buffed onpar

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:18 pm

I'd even be happy if he nerfed the sh*t out of mage gear.

Atleast make there a point to wearing gear, not all mages should be the same strength when maxed geared and naked.

Can we atleast get an explanation? Like "Hey guys, decided I wanted there to be no way to get stronger anymore. Hope you all enjoy there being literally no way to get any stronger"

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Yep. As soon as this was mentioned I fought against it until the very moment it happened.
From a game design point you destroy any reason to play by capping all players at the same strength.
From a balance view, you've impacted every aspect of the game from leveling, raiding, farming, and pvp with almost no consideration to how it would affect those things, and no changes were made to balance any of those aspects in the slightest.

This was a horrible change. I don't even like playing mages. Since the update I've been so incredible bored. Before I was always pvping people from a disadvantageous position because mages were to strong, but now I'm so much stronger than anyone else in the game that me leaving monsters just throws the entire game off the rails. Nobody can even begin to challenge me, and it's incredibly boring.

Although I have seen more noobs pvping recently since the overlord mages have all quit people are pvping on rangers, and weird sh*t. But there is no competition, it's all just out of boredom I suspect.

I suspect this thread, and the other respec thread will be deleted though. All threads made about this update have been met with a deletion instead of a response.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:18 pm

yup ppl crying that mages were op got this nerfed. They were/are HORRIBLE in pvp and lose on their melees so always blame the mage instead of just themselves.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm

xenforum1 wrote:
but now I'm so much stronger than anyone else in the game that me leaving monsters just throws the entire game off the rails. Nobody can even begin to challenge me, and it's incredibly boring.

And there we go . What i have been saying for months. Melees were never bad off for mages to have their amd capped. It just made already overpowered players MORE overpowered.

He had 1, maybe 2 mages that could challenge him BEFORE the amd nerf and now its impossible.

Maybe ej needs to balance out/nerf 101 agility melee builds and also cap attack speed so mages can compete.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm

I like the update and have started playing again. Its not a perfect solution and I would have preferred boosting melees to be on a par with mages which would have made pve more fun for me. However, at least it finally addresses the huge gulf in power problem we have had. Its also great to see people playing melees again.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next