View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Ndnt equip limit idea 

So I think 95% of the people currently playing xen would agree there is a massive wealth gap. The casual player stands very little chance except of course for ndnt the great equalizer kinda. The 3 item ndnt equip limit only hurts the people who want a fighting chance but have kids or lives or just don’t want to be on the computer for 20 hours a day. Sure people who play all day every should have better gear maybe ect as in more tradable stuff but it’s ridiculous that if I have more than 3 good ndnt items I can’t use them. I haven’t talked to anyone who likes the 3 item limit so my suggestion is this.
A tiered equip limit as in
2-3 level 100+ items
2-3 level 90-100 items
2-3 level 80-90 items ect.
Simply easy and helpful to everyone so that people who don’t have time to play as
Much might be able to stand some sort of fighting chance or being competitive in some small way, and honestly people who were really screwed over by the 3 limit might have more fun and play more.
Anyways just my 2 scents. Yes I’m an idiot ect but if sounds like it could possible work to me but I would love to hear other ideas to help with the wealth gap and or a different ndnt equip limit system.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:53 am

casual players vs full time players = hard to balance out, at the end of the day the more work you put into game better outcome you should get. and should never be cut.

ndnt gear should be boss sets only to fill in gaps from high end gear.

i.e

baraw sword / helm/shield/plate
sogam's hat/wand/robe

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:04 am

[quote="bottlecup"]casual players vs full time players = hard to balance out, at the end of the day the more work you put into game better outcome you should get. and should never be cut.

ndnt gear should be boss sets only to fill in gaps from high end gear.

i.e

baraw sword / helm/shield/plate
sogam's hat/wand/robe[/quote]

agreed

Xenimus needs to make changes so its possible to trade up and down again. The thread on reworking gear would be a big help by reducing power gaps in gear. Ideally the way end game gear can be obtained is changed to include chests, any level 70 hunting spot and I would prefer raids dropped much less frequently but tradable instead of ndnt gear

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 am

I think the cap would be more fair if you limited the power on what the limit is.

Example is

1 ndnt item above 110
2 from 100-110
3 from 80-100

The items above 110 are really really strong. Those require the most capping. That’s why I went with 1 limit on those items.

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 pm

priority is to reduce the power gap between the items. Ideally there would be zero ndnt at all other than boss specific items

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:02 pm

the topic is about ndnt equip limits. please stay on topic and stop repeating same crap.

to stay on topic, I think it is fine as is. But I also free with the main topic post.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm

I agree that the more work you put in the more you should get but that’s not even how xen works either all the time. I mean realistically there are like 5 people who can even trade at high levels at the moment and so there is so little trading because no one except the same 5 people can afford anything except for the very occasional lucky pull or drop that goes to some lucky casual player that Happens to be at a raid. Plus quite a bit of the top players have just straight up bought their gear so that throws it all off too. Yes ideally there would be no ndnt but the game has so few players and the wealth gap is so large it drives the casual players away and the game just isn’t as fun for them. So if the goal is to slowly choke the life out of xenimus then I think we’re doing fantastic. But when almost all of the 30 people who play xenimus think that the ndnt limit should be revisited I think that’s saying something. But as I said before I’m an idiot ect so you can save the negative comments about the stupidity ect of this post

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Ive always thought we should have more than 3 nondrop's, but Ej thinks otherwise. Ive made several topics and countless emails too.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:35 am

Well it’s Ejs game and if his goal is to slowly whittle the xen pop down to a cool 0 then I think he’s maybe the best game creator of all time. And just to be clear that’s a compliment.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:15 am

Open it back up. There is already a crazy gap in power with people who play all day everyday vs the casual player. Those already strong chars would then finally have some competition if we could wear all our ndnt items or even just more then 3. Xen isn't currently setup for a casual player, this would even the field a bit more imo.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next