View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Item Categorizing and Uniqueness 

I had copied this over from the other thread that was made by Sporkimus. I was kinda looking to see what the thoughts on this are. What changes would be recommended and of course contribution.

I know something like this is a major re-work. But if it can work.. I think the patience would be worth it.

All items that are "upgrades" from the previous would be in increments of about 2-5%. By this what I mean is that if a Dirus Robe is the item previous to a Vexar Robe the AC would be 2-5% better. With the built ins just being 1% higher than the previous one. This makes it an upgrade but isn't a major increase like the current system.

This idea also applies to weapons.

Here's my take on it.

Weapons
2Handed=Sword/Halberd/Hammers/Claws/Axes/Staves: These weapons would ignore a % of armor
Finesse Weapons= Daggers/Blades/Rapiers: These weapons would cause higher critical chance
Blunt Weapons= Hammers/Maces: These weapons would daze the target
Slashing Weapon= Swords/Axes: These weapons would cause bleeding
Piercing Weapons= Bows : These weapons would cause higher critical strikes(Different from strikes)

Theses weapons will also have variant speeds. With the 2 handers obviously being slow but powerful and the Finesse weapons being faster but weaker. The other ones will just be medium on most parts with different specializations as the differentiating factors being the skills/built ins.

A heavy weapon will have something like:
Vexar War Hammer=
800-1000 weapon damage
10% weapon Damage
5% Hit
2% Attack Speed
8% Ferocious Strike

Medium Weapon=
Vexar Axe
600-800 Weapon Damage
5% Weapon Damage
7% Hit
5% Attack speed
8% bleed chance

Light Weapon=
Vexar Rapier
400-600 Weapon Damage
2% Weapon Damage
8% Attack Speed
5% Critical Chance
8% Hit

Things like this. These are all MADE UP NUMBERS!!!!!!!

Now for armors.. My approach would go something like this

Armors:
Heavy Armor= Plates/Shields= These type of armors have the highest possible type of AC.
Medium Armor= Leather/Chain/Scale= These type of armors a mixture of both medium AC and medium AMP
Light Armor= Cloths/Robes = Lowest type of AC's highest possible AMP.

If i can give an example it would be like this....MAJOR emphasis on EXAMPLE....
Vexar plate: 900 AC 2% amp
Vexar Leather Armor: 450 AC 5% amp
Vexar Robe: 225 AC 10%AMP

Each class would obviously only be able to equip only certain things.

Warriors= Heavy and Medium
Paladins= Heavy
Darkwar= Medium and Light
Ranger= Medium
Cleric= Medium
Druid= Medium and Light
Wizards/Warlocks = Light

The trade off is obviously avoidance for the lower AC classes and death by magic to the heavy types.

Skill points would also increase the AC or AMP on these armors. So to get the full benefit of lets say a heavy armor; you'd need 10 skill points or something.

I am always willing to listen to ideas and contributions. However, the one thing I don't enjoy is bickering. So i would like it if you kept all of your consistent fighting out of the thread and focused your attention to MY post. And not the ideas of the others posting along, as that obviously triggers some of you and will only result in post deletion and/or ban.

This is a good time for some Xenimus growth.

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:10 pm

I love it! +1

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Great Idea +1

Let’s make it fun!

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:32 pm

+1 Awesome post

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm

would refresh the game for sure. The key initial part would be the increments of 2-5%. I would keep this at 2% at the higher tiers.

Basically with the numbers later on the attack speed has to compensate for the smaller damage. If a weapon is doing half the damage it needs to hit twice as fast

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 pm

I like this, it would make it so not everyone wears the same armors and use the same weapons. would bring back uniqueness to the game and also would promote different builds to support your play type/fav wep.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Very VERY benefical to the game!

This is a very good idea Xen101, good job. Hopefully the message follows through to Mr Thayer also.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Also keep in mind, if one class / weapon gets a certain damage or speed, chars can also get buffed for added str or velo. So you give a weapon less speed than another but with velo it adds a lot more.

Game should be self buff only

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 pm

I cant see why ej cant add battle moves into weapons..

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 pm

[quote="Loki"]Also keep in mind, if one class / weapon gets a certain damage or speed, chars can also get buffed for added str or velo. So you give a weapon less speed than another but with velo it adds a lot more.

Game should be self buff only[/quote]

off topic although I agree characters should be self buffed or extent of buff should be much reduced. Perhaps start a seperate topic Loki

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next