View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 To go along with scaling Sets to certain levels... 

Since a certain someone will cry if anyone builds on their suggestion. IF item sets get scaled to certain level ranges (which desperately needs to happen) then there are missing items that need to be added.

I had also thought at one time about certain sets be specific to certain classes such as Sanctus, Runic, Arcane, etc. but that would be a much bigger project to take on and I highly doubt it could actually be done with limited resources.

All item sets (fire, elemental, mystic, diabolic, etc.) should have the same item types included.

Weapons:
Sword
2H Sword
Axe
Halb
Dagger
Hammer
Blade (like mystic blade to give mages some steals)
Mace
Staff
Wand
Bow
Claws/Blades

Armor
Plate
Leather
Robe
Chain/Scale

Additional Armor Pieces
Helms
Hat
Cape
Gloves
Boots
Shields
Quiver or some other sort of offhand specific to a ranger

Rings
There are both melee and mage built rings that fully serve those class types with their builtins but there isn't a ring that more specifically helps a ranger. Maybe add in a Archer line of rings.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 am

ej has said no to quiver and i agree. they are getting an aggro change and that should be enough. they already fastest and highest dps in game.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 pm

I don't see how an aggro change will do anything other then help at bosses which I agree is needed. There is a gap when it comes to steals which an offhand for rangers could fill. Rangers need the benefit of a little bit more hp/mp steal in pve, no one really cares where it comes from so yeah a quiver might not be necessary if steals were added somewhere else. IF something were added along with scaling of other gear then you can't really say it would make them OP or give them an advantage over other classes because it should be scaled to flow with other gear just like everything else.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 pm

SporkimusPrime wrote:
I don't see how an aggro change will do anything other then help at bosses which I agree is needed. There is a gap when it comes to steals which an offhand for rangers could fill. Rangers need the benefit of a little bit more hp/mp steal in pve, no one really cares where it comes from so yeah a quiver might not be necessary if steals were added somewhere else. IF something were added along with scaling of other gear then you can't really say it would make them OP or give them an advantage over other classes because it should be scaled to flow with other gear just like everything else.

Its interesting to hear you say this about steals. My younger brother is probably the best archer type ranger we've seen in Xen...

I've never heard him complain about steals on a ranger.... He has said a few minor changes to tweak the game play on them... but dont think ive heard anything involving changing their gear or skills...

With the whole gear flow thing.. It does need to scale much better.. The gap at the lower level weapons can be pretty good.. but its when it gets to the higher ones that it needs to slow down drastically since those have wild built ins to them.

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:54 pm

The main place I have felt the need for more steals is pre 65, ESPECIALLY as a noob. I think the survivability argument could all but go away if something as simple as a boost to steals was implemented. I agree 100% that rangers do just fine dealing damage and I don't think it would take a large change to steals to make a difference with the amount of damage they can deal.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but on my ranger from 60-65 I was in a demo chain when I could have my armor at 65 but found I needed the HP steal more then the ac to survive. I can do the first 2 rooms of Old GH/spiderhall with no issue but when it comes to the 3rd room on I can't do a whole lot because of the amount of dmg taken and not enough hp steal.
Current setup is:
-2amp from perf d armor,
dirus helm (i know its not the best but its what I have and the extra AC over Barraws helm helps a lot)
Perf Omni War Gloves (again its what i've got)
Vex Bow 2faster, ice, acid, frag, 5shot, 2lethal, 2hpsteal
Healthy Master Mage +3hp
Super VA
HP, AMP VM
HP, AMD VM
Dirus Cape
Shroud Boots

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm

I think a lot of these items need to be put the same categories.

A weapon like the vexar hammer has Blunt weapons and 2 handed on it. So it allows you to double dip into skill points. Just make it a 2 handed weapon and allow it to get into the daze skills.

I can write a more in-depth look into this if you guys wanted it.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Xen101 wrote:

A weapon like the vexar hammer has Blunt weapons and 2 handed on it. So it allows you to double dip into skill points.

That is non confirmed.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Xen101 wrote:

A weapon like the vexar hammer has Blunt weapons and 2 handed on it. So it allows you to double dip into skill points. Just make it a 2 handed weapon and allow it to get into the daze skills.

I can write a more in-depth look into this if you guys wanted it.

If you've got the time go for it. I've known a couple people who have tested that with hammers and it does work however there are only a few hammers labeled that way that work. I know the Dirus Hammer, DK Hammer, and I believe Vex Hammer all work that way.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Loki wrote:
Xen101 wrote:

A weapon like the vexar hammer has Blunt weapons and 2 handed on it. So it allows you to double dip into skill points.

That is non confirmed.

If you look at the increase in hit when you add the skill points.. the stat goes up... So it works and increases in power.

I would take the approach of categorizing all 2 handed weapons under the same category no matter what type of metal is at the end of it.

Weapons
2Handed=Sword/Halberd/Hammers/Claws/Axes/Staves: These weapons would ignore a % of armor
Finesse Weapons= Daggers/Blades/Rapiers: These weapons would cause higher critical chance
Blunt Weapons= Hammers/Maces: These weapons would daze the target
Slashing Weapon= Swords/Axes: These weapons would cause bleeding
Piercing Weapons= Bows : These weapons would cause higher critical strikes(Different from strikes)

Theses weapons will also have variant speeds. With the 2 handers obviously being slow but powerful and the Finesse weapons being faster but weaker. The other ones will just be medium on most parts with different specializations as the differentiating factors being the skills/built ins.

A heavy weapon will have something like:
Vexar War Hammer=
800-1000 weapon damage
10% weapon Damage
5% Hit
2% Attack Speed
8% Ferocious Strike

Medium Weapon=
Vexar Axe
600-800 Weapon Damage
5% Weapon Damage
7% Hit
5% Attack speed
8% bleed chance

Light Weapon=
Vexar Rapier
400-600 Weapon Damage
2% Weapon Damage
8% Attack Speed
5% Critical Chance
8% Hit

Things like this. These are all MADE UP NUMBERS!!!!!!!

Now for armors.. My approach would go something like this

Armors:
Heavy Armor= Plates/Shields= These type of armors have the highest possible type of AC.
Medium Armor= Leather/Chain/Scale= These type of armors a mixture of both medium AC and medium AMP
Light Armor= Cloths/Robes = Lowest type of AC's highest possible AMP.

If i can give an example it would be like this....MAJOR emphasis on EXAMPLE....
Vexar plate: 900 AC 2% amp
Vexar Leather Armor: 450 AC 5% amp
Vexar Robe: 225 AC 10%AMP

Each class would obviously only be able to equip only certain things.

Warriors= Heavy and Medium
Paladins= Heavy
Darkwar= Medium and Light
Ranger= Medium
Cleric= Medium
Druid= Medium and Light
Wizards/Warlocks = Light

The trade off is obviously avoidance for the lower AC classes and death by magic to the heavy types.

Skill points would also increase the AC or AMP on these armors. So to get the full benefit of lets say a heavy armor; you'd need 10 skill points or something.

I know this all sounds like a major re-work.. so I guess is kinda like a 2.0 feature kinda thing. Maybe I'll just make a thread about it and see.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]