View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What would be the effect of removing equip levels on gear? 

So a lot of us remember when there were no equip levels before it was changed slowly to level 34-38. During these phases of the game a characters level meant a lot less so a well geared lower level could compete with a lesser geared high level. Gear also meant a lot less though as the gaps were tiny compared to the current game.

If we were to remove equip levels now i would predict following effects:
1) new players would be able to trade for useful items from day 1 rather than waiting for level 65 = good thing
2) being able to equip better items would make levelling much quicker and more fun = good thing
3) pvp amongst lower levels might be a little bit more inclusive and not only about level = good thing
4) lower levels still wouldnt be able to harm level 65-70s = for me a bad thing but it was the initial reason for equip levels
5) more people might level new characters due to being able to use the gear = good thing

Slight disadvantages:?
1) not the same progression of levelling where you can equip new items
2) quest levels might be out of sync as with the better gear you could hunt harder areas earlier.
3) a lot of items would never be used .

For me the benefits far outweigh the negatives (negative 2 can be fixed quite easily) and with the game as it is we want the progression to 70 to be as quick as possible as that is when the game starts. however, the fact you could actually trade before 70 would make people feel included in the game rather than a complete outsider until 70. The unused items (probably anything currently not equip level 65 bar a few rings) could be reworked to add more variety to higher end items

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:59 am

Yeah it would be nice if all items got reworked to different rewards like resists, cast sp, attk sp, steals, amd etc

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:18 am

I would be 100% in favour of this idea but i already know this is something EJ would never do. /lock

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 am

he should NOT remove equip levels on gear. thats dumb to make a level 40 and put on vex robe vov vex staff vex gloves, etv etv and be able to farm level 70+ zones cuz u got massive gear.

however, as we talked about on discord, bring down some of those non used lvl 60 items like ominex/diabolic/ down to level 55-60 and then dirus/triton, etc to 60-64 and the rest of the higher item lvl 65+ equip can be spread out so that theres something to equip for lvl 65,66, 67, 68, 69, and equip level 70.

Like super vexar gear should be level 70 equip while regular vexar could be level 69.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm

[quote="Loki"]he should NOT remove equip levels on gear. thats dumb to make a level 40 and put on vex robe vov vex staff vex gloves, etv etv and be able to farm level 70+ zones cuz u got massive gear.

however, as we talked about on discord, bring down some of those non used lvl 60 items like ominex/diabolic/ down to level 55-60 and then dirus/triton, etc to 60-64 and the rest of the higher item lvl 65+ equip can be spread out so that theres something to equip for lvl 65,66, 67, 68, 69, and equip level 70.

Like super vexar gear should be level 70 equip while regular vexar could be level 69.[/quote]

why is it stupid? The game really starts at 70 so increasing the speed to reach 70 is surely only a good thing? Also changing this would also mean that that trading was now possible from level 1 instead of waiting until 65.

Please explain to me the advantages of having level reqs with how the game now works?

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Loki wrote:
he should NOT remove equip levels on gear. thats dumb to make a level 40 and put on vex robe vov vex staff vex gloves, etv etv and be able to farm level 70+ zones cuz u got massive gear.

Like super vexar gear should be level 70 equip while regular vexar could be level 69.

I agree there is too many level 65 gear that's useless because their upgrades are common and too powerful. this also goes for weapons!

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:52 pm

anybody disagree with any of the advantages I listed? Or anyone have any disadvantages of removing equip levels other than for some games (most likely ones without trade or where you reach end game very quickly) its a sensible mechanic

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

None of those are advantages, just opinions from someone retired years ago.

What game has trading at lvl1? You finding vexar in t1 gy?

Or you mean transferring vexar items from you 70 on a lvl 1 to hide your identity? Cuz that's doable now.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Itd be nice if the gear was spread out a bit more 65 is for sure saturated

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm

Ominex wrote:
Itd be nice if the gear was spread out a bit more 65 is for sure saturated

Ya that's what was talked about on discord as well. And trying to get 1.0 on steam.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next