View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 X2 First Impressions. 

BeenPked wrote:
Ok ill put it out there I only leveled to around 10 or so but even so there were some things which i believe need to be addressed.

Delay - I leveled a newb on Xen 1 and Xen 2 and there is a considerably bigger delay on Xen2. everything I do (attack, spin, run) seems sluggish. Xen 1 in comparison feels great and super reaction based.

Obstructions Xen 2 - when using aoe spells like spin i noticed that quite alot of the time i would not be damaging the mob. This seemed to be if the mob was slightly clipped into something like a tree or if seemed to be standing at a different level to my character(like on a mushroom which frequently happens). In these cases the mobs were still able to hit me.

I'm putting this out there because i think that how a game feels to play is perhaps the most important quality. The new graphics are nice and all but not if i feel like my character is wading through a marsh the whole time. Also you need a better mouse curser - its very confusing for when your casting spells

I came back to try Xenimus 2 because people seem to be pushing it on the boards recently. If your trying to attract new players push them to Xenimus 1 at the moment, this version still feels way to alpha.

I know what you mean by "delay" it is something that just needs some minor adjusting im sure.. but you can get the hang of it if you play 2.0 more than 1.0.

In X2 theres a LoS thing. So you gotta get the hang of that. There are time however, where you do get hit by melee if you are too close to object. Happens on 1.0 too. You can do that at like T1 Gy or fences on both games.

Give it some time and play it much more than 1.0 and you'll see how good 2.0 is. Its always being worked on too. Ej keeps adjusting spawn and sh*t.

phpBB [video]

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]