View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Class Balancing Please 

I know this may not be your main priority for Xenimus 2.0 at the moment, but at the moment, classes are very unbalanced.

On a melee class, it takes about 12 spins to kill a monster of your level. While on a mage, it takes 2 or 3 multi spells.

This also applies to PvP. For example, a level 60 mage can kill a level 60 melee in about 2 or 3 spells, while the melee can not do a thing to defend themselves.

HP on a melee is also a very big problem. Levels do not make it go up enough, so that means they have to add more to cons than strength or agility. While mages typically add a lot more to cons anyway, making them have much more HP.

I know you are probably working on a lot more than this at the moment, but even Xenimus 20 years ago was a lot better balanced. Thank you!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm

This is very noticeable at low levels since you use Flamma to kill monsters instead of your melee abilities and what not.

Also even inbetween the melee type classes theres a huge difference..

Paladin can handle GY at level 8. Ranger gets 2 hit... Its weird

phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 pm

[quote]This is very noticeable at low levels since you use Flamma to kill monsters instead of your melee abilities and what not.

Also even inbetween the melee type classes theres a huge difference..

Paladin can handle GY at level 8. Ranger gets 2 hit... Its weird[/quote]

Oh yeah, that's another thing. Armor spells help way too much as well. Darkwars and rangers are not playable.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:31 pm

I been testing a pally / ranger

pally I got to 29.

ranger I got to 27.

ranger cant take any AMD at all and SP run does a lot more damage then any thing. best thing to use is SP run to kill / level with (rangers got no AMP gear at low levels)

pally can tank a lot better does really bad damage until I got gloves of strength that boosted spin damage a lot. also I had to keep getting better weapons to boost spin damage.

pallys just need gear in other words

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:02 pm
are classes balanced the same way as they are on the original server? Melees have sucked for 4-5 years in comparison to mages and even before then they had a massive pve advantage but at least could compete in pvp.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:05 pm
Once Upon a Time wrote:
are classes balanced the same way as they are on the original server? Melees have sucked for 4-5 years in comparison to mages and even before then they had a massive pve advantage but at least could compete in pvp.

I hope not as they will again fail :roll:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Once Upon a Time wrote:

different

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Once Upon a Time wrote:

melees in pvp are fine unless you are just a bad player or garbage gear.
in pve they are even better cuz u can just sp run past everything or 2 star+ sp run mobs.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:06 am

Loki wrote:
Once Upon a Time wrote:

melees in pvp are fine unless you are just a bad player or garbage gear.
in pve they are even better cuz u can just sp run past everything or 2 star+ sp run mobs.

Do not bring references of 1.0 on a 2.0 balance.. its different.

A mage is superior in this version in literally every aspect except wearing plates. I believe ALL 60+ chars in game are mages. Well maybe a couple melee types.

It has nothing to do with PvP.. this has to do with PvE.

phpBB [video]

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 am
good to hear its different, sad to hear a different approach appears to have ended up with the same result!

From brief reading though there do appear similarities to the issues: power of mage armor spells, more or less the same ac on armors?

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next