View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cons Stat, Adjustments and Nerfs 

ejthayer wrote:
Well it seemed to have a larger affect than it should have so I want to study it more before putting it back in. If some people were loading up cons and got some good bonuses from that then maybe there was no real problem. I will look into it more.

Glad to know you will look into it. The problem became that people during pvp were taking quite a lot of hits during pvp. However, for PVE the boost was actually very good. That health pool will allow people to do some of the dungeons you have out a little more often. It also allowed you to build some cons and not have to drop all of your stat points into cons to be a “tank” build.

With a health pool like the one we had, classes will need individual stat programming. Also, with the adjustment, stats won’t need so much diminishing returns because you understand your build.

If you go a str/agi build. Cool, high DPS, but you’re probably going to die if the wind picks up a little.
If you go str/cons, you’re going to tank and maybe hit decent, but you’re probably never going to hit someone with good agility.
If you go agil/cons, you’re throwing dry napkins at armor plates, but you can soak and defend pretty well.

And that’s for melee. Obviously a mage doesn’t sacrifice as much because their damage comes from rings/staffs and stuff. But either way

If you go all Intel you’re going to die pretty fast.
If you go all cons, you’re just a mage shield.

Anyway, my point is a mage and melee should have their differences in terms of health and that health update was a very good one

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:56 pm

ejthayer wrote:
Well it seemed to have a larger affect than it should have so I want to study it more before putting it back in. If some people were loading up cons and got some good bonuses from that then maybe there was no real problem. I will look into it more.

id also suggest you give diffrent values to melees(paladin warrior, darkwar)

than you give ranged classes(casters,rangers)

for simple reason Melees need 3 stats

strength atleast 60 to be able to hunt comfortably (hp steal from spin gets to low otherwise)
agility atleast 60 to be able to pvp and high fast enough
constitution after str, agility doesnt leave much points for constitution

However also factor in some melee players will make a STRAIGHT pvp melee
20-30 str
high agil 81-91
rest constitution
(this makes any melee that wants to be able to Hunt aswell as pvp unable to fight back due to not being able to hit due to lack of agility)

reason for this is that strength has no real noticable effect on regular melee hits

rangers, Casters need 2 stats Mainstat, constitution,

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 pm

melees dont need 2 stats. only str+ agil as with 19-21 cons my melees gets 3.5-4.2k hp

Would be more if all my gear was hp bonus propped and Im not even in a lot of high end gear.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:06 pm

If cons gets the adjustment it needs and the stats get a rework and removal of diminish return you wouldn’t have 2 stat builds.

This also means that mages will require wisdom to wear specific items. Just like everything else needs requirements.

Those are conversations for the future.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Xen101 wrote:
If cons gets the adjustment it needs and the stats get a rework and removal of diminish return you wouldn’t have 2 stat builds.

This also means that mages will require wisdom to wear specific items. Just like everything else needs requirements.

Will he also give melees requirements to wear heavy armors and plates and large shields and 2 handed hammers?

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Loki wrote:
Xen101 wrote:

Will he also give melees requirements to wear heavy armors and plates and large shields and 2 handed hammers?

I would hope so. Wearing a 2 handed weapon but having 39 str doesn’t make too much sense

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
Forum Moderator

Maybe I missed it (I certainly didn't see anything that dramatic), although I would have sworn I had more hp the other night than I do now.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 am

ejthayer wrote:

People were going 71 int/wis with like 56 cons, or 81int/Wis with 46 cons, with great gear (especially a ton of cast) it makes em almost unkillable...as I feel it should be. Maybe make the cons bonus a little less for mages than fig types?

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 am

cons was too powerful. that much is true. it should have been about half the increase it got. i dont see a problem with more cons as it makes people need a diabolists cooldown for 7% hp ticks. there is like no diabolists in game. 7% on 3khp as apposed to 6k is double. for once it was worth more than corrupt armor. absolutely no one was smart enough to realize this besides stanger. a cons buff really brings this class around to being used and it was greatly needed although, cleric-diabolist damage still needs a boost.

cons boosts make ejs new harder dungeon more do able. we should all kind of be rooting for more cons to do these things.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Yeah cons adjustment would make every boss done almost every time they spawn. If u had way more HP, tanks would use less meds, etc.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next