View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 JELOC, what about having a chosen few? IDEA 

Now I’m starting to see what people are talking about with the forums. It is literally the same thing everyday.

The pvp server took a big hit because of the level cap, no doubt. People def got bored and it took too long for new level caps to come out.

But full pvp no longer works in this game. The fundamental reason it doesn’t work is because right now xenimus has too few places to level, and it is too easy to get an advantage over players. Pre reconstruction before xenimus was pretty much a level 70 game, full pvp worked because you didn’t have to be in the same or better gear than the person you’re fighting. You don’t have to be the same level as them. You could be better than them as a player and 4 levels lower and beat them. That just isn’t the case anymore! People need to understand the game isn’t the same anymore. Things need to be changed for full Pvp to work.

1) add more spots that are just as effective as the “best spot “

2) make levels/gear mean less. (Squish things down )

Let’s make it fun!

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm

You will never heard the nerds saying to squish down gear because they outgear everyone else, hence why theyre the only 2-5 always crying for full pvp stuff no one else wants.

I love pvp in this game but can agree with RIP. AND we told ej that on discord...a level 70 in 5 I lvl 110-120 items will instant kill a lvl 70 in no ilvl 100-120 items...

On thor during pvp day, I was 1-2 hitting MANY level 70s in weak gear (gray shroud/sogam hat/under item lvl 100 staff, etc) and those in max gear were easily tanking 6-7 hits.

Gear has WAY too big of a gap. from 100-120 and everything below and should be squished down by 30% to move full pvp back in the right direction.

Also, houses destroy pvp.

A level 70 melee CANNOT EVEN HIT another melee or even a mage if they own a house because the +def % on house white potion is too high, even if the house owner is lower than 70.

Heck even white potion defense %% should not apply to pvp. I will make another post on that as a separate topic.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:00 pm

lack of hunting spots? remove diminishing return on exp problem solved

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm

so level 70s can farm in lvl 50 areas for exp? No thanks.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:17 pm

There used to be far less leveling areas than there Are now, yet you would have to sit and refresh the servers to try and get on because server was full. People still leveled. And it was full Pk as well as anti. So i cant say i agree with that. But thats beside the point. I’m not saying it will bring a ton of players back, but for the people who do play it might make things more exciting.

If jeloc doesn’t serve a purpose, then what good is it to really have? Everything would be the same, only diff is anti Pk people would have a chance at having jeloc. Everyone who pvps and pks would still have the same fundamentals as now. Anti pks don’t engage in battle anyways so what difference would it make?

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Loki wrote:
so level 70s can farm in lvl 50 areas for exp? No thanks.

Why would they do that....

people would hunt what gives them the most EXP

however IF that place is occupied by a stronger player they have an option

of going to a easier zone

Last edited by LiftingNerd on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 pm

[quote="Loki"]so level 70s can farm in lvl 50 areas for exp? No thanks.[/quote]
Give some input and suggestions as well, not all humans see things from
The same perspectives. You have played a long time, so throw your two cents in. Find a solution to what you don’t like about it and share it. None of us are gonna get anywhere with our posts about what can be better if it’s all demeaning and derailing.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:57 pm

More often than not I agree with Liftingnerd but here i have to agree with Loki and RIP.

With gear as it is full-pvp doesent work at all below level 69 and even at 70 as Loki pointed out it barely works. Gear plays far too much of a role now than it used to. Liftingnerd is the author of his own downfall here. If he really wants pvp he should also campaign for squashing of all level 70 gear making the game more competitive. There would still be a significant advantage for him having pretty much best in game item in every slot but there would be a lot more people with a h pe of competing equalling more pvp or even getting to the stage where full pvp work again

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Not everyone plays every day. It doesn’t matter what you do, there will always be someone who has better gear than you. And if you have the same gear, there will always be someone who is better at pvp than you. If someone is too strong than don’t fight them. Gang em with others that have the same problem dealing with them. It’s not that complicated.
Also, this still doesn’t change the fact that jeloc doesn’t serve a purpose.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:34 pm

It used to be you could be better at pvp with worse gear and win, now that is almost impossible. The gaps in gear are huge and create massive imbalance.

Everything in pvp needs toning down:
gear - already discussed needs to be squished
house buff - should have reduced impact for pvp
external buffs - should be significantly toned down for pvp (velos, strength and paladin buff). At most these external buffs should add 10% bonus
levels - if you want pvp to be more than level 70 only this obviously needs to change massively

with the above tone downs you can then increase the damage slightly (like pvp server had) .

Without the above changes then the game is better suited to the boring anti-pk set up it currently has where you need to chose to pvp.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next