View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 King Credits 

It doesn't need to be removed, it needs adjustment. We have a limit on equip-able, which is good, but it should not be the majority of found items being NDNT. They should be a bonus. We need economy and less of a rarity of items. As they stand now having a good trade-able item is just a unicorn item.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 pm

[quote="Suiicidal"]It doesn't need to be removed, it needs adjustment. We have a limit on equip-able, which is good, but it should not be the majority of found items being NDNT. They should be a bonus. We need economy and less of a rarity of items. As they stand now having a good trade-able item is just a unicorn item.[/quote]

Exactly. Alternative is to create a new quest for 70s not based on wealth with potential of tradable gear as a result. Or a 70 quest for experience and change 70 pull to have a random chance of any 80+ item

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 pm

A good trading market wont happen until we get players.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:04 pm

you wont get players if its all ndnt limited by 3 items

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 pm

chriske wrote:

weird its been like that for almost 10 years (ndnt) and still had tons of players a while back.

There were MORE players with NO limit on ndnt. (50-100at all time)

Maybe go back to unlimited ndnt...

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Loki wrote:
chriske wrote:

weird its been like that for almost 10 years (ndnt) and still had tons of players a while back.

I disagree. I believe that less NDNT would benefit the game. It can cause a trade market to begin again. With NDNT's we won't be able to trade much and I believe trading is needed in Xen.

NDNT should be up to a level and then it should just not exist afterward.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Xen101 wrote:
Loki wrote:
chriske wrote:

I disagree. I believe that less NDNT would benefit the game. It can cause a trade market to begin again. With NDNT's we won't be able to trade much and I believe trading is needed in Xen.

NDNT should be up to a level and then it should just not exist afterward.

So you dont agree that A good trading market wont happen until we get players? ndnt/tradable means nothing without players.

JumboShrimp wrote:
There used to be lots of people that only played for the trading aspect of the game.

I only came back recently, and I agree there is too much NDNT. Boss drops should be NDNT, the rest should be tradable. More chances to drop gear/pk for gear/gain gear in general.

Gear will never drop as long as there are thousands of reditus amulets in the game making it a safe space for gear. Theres more redos than magic bags !!!

Last edited by Loki on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 pm

There used to be lots of people that only played for the trading aspect of the game.

I only came back recently, and I agree there is too much NDNT. Boss drops should be NDNT, the rest should be tradable. More chances to drop gear/pk for gear/gain gear in general.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 pm

No i agree a player base WILL increase the trading market. However, NDNT will not in anyway.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 am

I agree with Xen101.

I apologize for typo's, I have no contacts and can not see the screen well.

We need more tradable gear. NDNT was great in concept, but with how it ended up it is not a boon anymore. It was awesome to find ndnt before, it was a rarity and an item you knew you couldnt lose. On that note we have hit a point where that aspect of the ability to drop items on death is not a focal point, magic bags and redos have done away with that. It is something, we as a player-base, have become accustomed too. The way it is now, you have to make a major mistake to lose and item and it should,d stay that way because newer players will be turned off by loosing gear any easier than it is. This would,d be repairable, but not without alienating the current player base. Gear would have to be significantly easier to come by, propping would need more possibilities (making it significant harder to make perfect gear, NDNT would ahve to be a rarity, bags and redos would have to be significant limited, bags would need a single equip limit, and bags/redos would have to be given a higher chance of failure. I don't think this is feasible, again because it would alienate the current playerbase.

Adjustments to all, stated previously, in some way, shape, or form would make the game more appealing in the long run for newer players. We should not only focus on how we want the game, but how we will bring more into the game to make it more enjoyable for eachother. An adjustment to the rarity of tradable items alone would be a significant boon to all of us as the economy would grow, it would pull back returning players, and in turn bring in new players from the returning players. After that we need some short game work (early levels) to make the game's start for a new player more appealing.

I understand for some of the adjustments would be quite bothersome for those of us who have worked hard to be where we are at. However, we are at a stalemate. We have reached a point where not only has our player playerbase dwindles, but the likelihood of a returning player has diminished. I honestly think and feel the same way most of you do, but realize that the way we want it to be is not how the game will grow. This is a great game, one which even when a player is not active they are still lurking these forums. A game which pulls us back constantly. We are at a new generation of players and need to account for that. \

We need major changed. Gear acquisition is a major issue currently. After that we need content: new gear sets for allure, more possible props to spice things up (possible changing what people consider 'perfect' entirely), expanded hunting grounds for all levels, guild halls (an I do mean guild, something that has to be contributed too each month to be continued. not just a link), and then who knows maybe Valenthra realizes we are getting ever so close to her defeat and calls in reinforcement changing the landscape old DS as we know it. Small tweaks can still be implemented and adjusted as things move forward.

Over the past few months, and this is coming from someone who usually only lurks, these forums have become a lot more amicable and Ej seems not only more vocal, but hearing us. It's time we start coming together on discussions and figureing out not just the small tweaks but major things that will help the game move forward. Things that, once implemented, are not a bash fest but discussions on how they can be tweaked for the better.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next