View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Arachnid Queen 

We should go ahead and disable spirit run on these sort of areas. Some ultra monsters should also not be runnng 500MpH

This doesn’t even give the rangers and other classes that can possibly kite to kite.

Since Top DD and bottom DD have them disabled. Might as well in this boss area as well.

Or

Just make it after a certain area, that way you can still farm or grind up to a point.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:46 am

Xen101 wrote:
Just make it after a certain area, that way you can still farm or grind up to a point.

that's exactly how it currently is

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:51 am

[quote="Toth"]I just wanted to say that this new arachnid queen hallway is AWESOME.

-No more noobs spam checking spider at no cost.
-Requires a strategic, and organized plan..most areas just require survivability, and dps.
-Less hidden propped gear in game(more rare)
-Brings people together and makes the community better overall.

I would love to see more areas like this added. More intelligence required not just levels and gear. (Things u can buy)[/quote]

Now this boss raid just became even more private than ever before. It used to be that even an average geared lvl65+ had good chances of making it through this hallway and getting to spider solo. People have been killing this boss for ages using as few as 2 characters. So you could always just happen to pop in on an ongoing spider raid or right before it starts. Happened to me a few time, I'd get there in time for the raid or just in time to get a few hits in before it dies. However now there is no way in hell for that because most 70's cant solo their way to the end. So what we are left with is the few elite geared lvl70's who can solo their way or with just one partner to duo spider. I don't understand why the route to get to the spider became 10x more difficult but you can still kill the boss with just two people. Change the hallway back to its original, and just make the boss harder so you need like 10+ people to even touch her health. THAT will bring back people trying to work together and cooperate. Forcing them to NEED many other players to help take down a RAID boss. No raid I've ever been on that was worth doing was ever done with just a couple or even a handful of players. I consider raids to be like 15-20+ to even barely pull it off...

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:43 am

It's funny you say that because this has been a discussion before. There are dungeons and there's raids. The Spider queen is a RAID, but people refuse to believe that. Raid bosses should require at the minimal 10 people.. 10 ACTIVE people.. not a person tanking and 8 people with bows.

This was a topic I had wanted to discuss with EJ because some bosses are just too simple. However, some of the mechanics Ej adds to some bosses are either TOO strong or just don't make sense. Example being, Terroth and his invisible fraggor that happens. Those mechanics could use some help and some stuff needs adjustments.

Hoping for a discord soon.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:10 am

Loki wrote:
Like the new rework however this means that mages will not be doing arachnid queen as melees can literally spirit run to the end in 15 seconds while mages have to fight their way through.

(was always like that anyway but now even more since mobs are slightly higher level)

Please show me how you can spirit run to the end, i die if i try that, the last rooms are rough af - that's with 90% amp as well wearing adepts for health

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:15 am

Xen101 wrote:
We should go ahead and disable spirit run on these sort of areas. Some ultra monsters should also not be runnng 500MpH

This doesn’t even give the rangers and other classes that can possibly kite to kite.

Since Top DD and bottom DD have them disabled. Might as well in this boss area as well.

Or

Agree with this and your second post.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:00 pm

The way it is currently set up right now is almost perfect.
The first good portion of the hall you can run through, which makes it a good leveling spot. Spawn is heavy and it doesn't take a long time for them to respawn.
Once you get closer to the Arachnid Queen spot, it no longer allows you to spirit/attack run at all and you must fight through the mobs.
It's not like the mobs are easy either so nobody is going to be doing this alone.

The only change I'd like to see though, is to make the first portion of the hall (the ones you can run through) also trans-able.
Because as it is now, it's just another good spot for melees to level (and easily defend if any mages come) since they can easily run back and fourth through the first 5-6 rooms. Mages have to slow walk through it and can't even gas past anything since you get instantly dispelled.

People have been saying it for a while that mages could use some more spots they can level. Why not make the same portion of that hall that melees can run through also trans-able so mages can use the spot to level as well?

Again, these changes would not make it possible for anyone to get to the Arachnid Queen any easier. You still need to fight your way through the last few rooms and with how crazy the freeze/away is, no one is going to be doing that alone.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 pm

I haven’t been on in a bit but what I see as a true issue is that when you change a way to obtain some type of item that really effects gameplay that the new players or so called new players don’t get the same chance as the people before them. The old way allowed a influx of gear and eyes but now when the new guy tries he’s going to have to compete with the guys that already have what they need but contInue to raid for their friends making the game where you are stuck making friends with select groups just to obtain gear.

This game was originally a pvp based game and somewhere down the line it lost its identity. We as a player base want the pvp but forced to play a game that forces us to team up with competition to compete for the small pieces of gear to try to out gear the other.

The game needs to go back to its roots and turn back to a pvp base not a raid base pve. PVE is ok but we shouldn’t be forced to have to team up to do anything. Now if a guy wants to play that way then ok let him or her but it shouldn’t be forced. This is a cut throat pvp game that brings excitement through mass pvp.

Game as more fun also when you could compete in pvp at any level not just 70. End game is end game but for new players it’ll take much longer to find the end game and most will get bored by being mass slaughtered as they are learning how to do things. This game if it wants new players needs to be a little more newb friendly.

Keep the pk rules just make it where a 70 doesn’t 1 shot the new guys so they can have a slight chance of making it.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2