View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Taking the struggle out of the game. 

Hey Ej and Board,

I believe for the most part this was a really successful update.
- you took care of the dagger pug
- fixed the darkwar bug
-presented an interesting way of solving the bag issue.
- I'm also enjoying looking for re-designed locations.

However, I believe in this update one core aspect of the game is being threatened. Putting in the time and hard work towards find and achieving the "best gear" for per Level cap

this is important because :
-Give players something to work towards
- Adds value to a reasonably new economy
- Increase danger to the game (because items aren't easily replaceable)
- encourages players to level different characters

Currently, you're seeing people vendor TOP tier gear because the small amount of gold is more valuable than the item.

This only happens when items are too easily accessible.

While I don't believe items should be harder to find Needle in a haystack, it's always nice having to struggle a little bit for gear.

My suggestions for next update item find :

- always having (found items) a tier behind the current level cap. (but maybe on a rare chance to find desired items for the current level cap)
- instead give players access to propping materies, ways to make gold, or usefully items to boss hunting.

- Instead of getting from (found items) having reasonable hard bosses (where players have to work with there links to bring the boss down.
-very much liked the idea of 35 and 45 pull.
- having random upticks in server drops.

These are some of my ideas, and I'd love to hear your feedback

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:03 pm

The found items makes hunting fun again and the items are not top tier being level 40. You would rather mindlessly kill imps all day? No thanks.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 pm

after you get all the best item in a day what next?

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 pm

kingoffear wrote:
after you get all the best item in a day what next?

You pvp. You grind for pots or gold. You look for mats. You pvp even more. You die. You srop gear. You cry. You go back and the grind for the gear. Rinse and repeat

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm

How do you account for the other half of the game who also likes to grind and build up over time to have the best gear? And how do you think this helps build the population especially with have level caps?

finally How do you believe this adds value to the economy?

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm

20 people play there is no economy. This "add danger" statement is just bullshit. The found items appeals to us casual players (1 hr a day if most) and helps us get gear to be able to start doing harder areas for upgrades. Remember it's a game - if you aren't having fun log off. Found items = fun.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 pm

McDohl wrote:
> 20 people play there is no economy. This "add danger" statement is just bullshit.
> The found items appeals to us casual players (1 hr a day if most) and helps us get
> gear to be able to start doing harder areas for upgrades. Remember it's a game -
> if you aren't having fun log off. Found items = fun.

You're totally right found items does = fun. However, being able to get the best gear in one day = boring. You're not accounting for the fact that there is a level cap, which means after you get all that nice gear and you pvp a little you log off. This is because you no longer have anything to strive towards and the game because stale.

i'm not saying we shouldn't have the ability to get "found items", i'm saying you shouldn't be able to get all the best gear in one day from found items.

having things instead as :

Farming
Raiding
Pking
Pulling
even creating (profession) tab would be sick.

how is xenimus population suppose to grow if there is no challenge?

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Within an hour of the update my level 16 had 7 spirit armors and a few torment chains along with a few of each weapon he will use up until 50. Literally all gear he needs to get to 50.

There is no true logic for the people who think this is okay. There is now so much less fear of being killed. Who cares when I can just buy the items I lost from the t1 merchant for 5 gold? Who even needs bags unless you are high level and propping everything?

McDohl, Xen101, it's people like you who have ruined this game with these irrational posts on the msg boards. You clearly have 0 understanding of what makes people want to play this game.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Downwardspiral wrote:
Within an hour of the update my level 16 had 7 spirit armors and a few torment chains along with a few of each weapon he will use up until 50. Literally all gear he needs to get to 50.

There is no true logic for the people who think this is okay. There is now so much less fear of being killed. Who cares when I can just buy the items I lost from the t1 merchant for 5 gold? Who even needs bags unless you are high level and propping everything?

McDohl, Xen101, it's people like you who have ruined this game with these irrational posts on the msg boards. You clearly have 0 understanding of what makes people want to play this game.

IMAGINE what all the nerds who abused this drop rate @ Evil Isle (found items) to KEEP for themselves if they were selling all that to npc/merchants.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Just because you have the gear doesn’t mean it is good. You now have to prop it. Pray you get the good props and if you don’t, guess what’s gonna happen. You’re gonna sell it off.

Now that percent who hardly plays but makes his time worth while will buy that for plat because he might not want to actually go searching for this gear.

Or

You have those people who have propping materials from making 140 noobs who will trade propping mats for higher gear.

Propping materials still hold a strong value, if not stronger now because people are wanting for that “perfect” piece of gear. Some do not and will not make noobs because they might not possibly want that “noob grindy” process. They also may not just want to get pked while searching for this kind of stuff.

You guys are just seeing it as “he has found a lot of gear, remove it!!” Instead of “theres more gear that can circulate for those that are afraid, don’t like to noob grind, or just plain out are lazier and just like to buy the gear for plat.

DTA Pickle is an example of someone who grinds mats and trades them to me for my paladin stuff. I give him gear that he finds value able and I just try for those “perfect” props

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next