View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Clarification on X2.0 
E.J,

I am just looking for some clarification on the whole X1 - X2 situation before I put time into either.

Can you confirm if X1 and X2 will ever be merged together or if they will always be separate?

If they will be merged I'll stick to X1, if they wont be merged, ill play X2.

Thanks

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:14 pm
i know im not EJ and i dont speak on his behalf but i may be able to shed some light on this.

X1 is the old Engine, a tile based engine that dates back to xenimus's creation.

X2 or 2.0 is a NEW engine EJ wrote recently thats a particle bases engine that allows more depth in terms of development.

From what i know, 2.0 is going to be put on steam once ej feels its at a good state as its an entirely different game with a new map being currently built for it.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 pm
Thanks for the input, speaking in game though (on X1), 99% of people believe that they will simply be merged over to X2 at some point. If that's the case, I don't see the point in putting in time on a low population server when I can focus on the old Xen and be moved over, hence why I am looking for clarification.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Like said, I'm not EJ either but I don't think they will ever be merged if thats even possible.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm
Site Admin

People seem to want both versions of the game. It is really hard to answer that question. I may do a poll to get a little insight on what the majority wants. Currently I absolutely have no for sure plans either way.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:40 am

ejthayer wrote:
People seem to want both versions of the game. It is really hard to answer that question. I may do a poll to get a little insight on what the majority wants. Currently I absolutely have no for sure plans either way.

MY personal opinion, Both should stay.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]