View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Xenimus 2.0 Bug / Issue List 

I have been gathering a list of bugs / issues with Xenimus 2.0. Feel free to comment on my list or add your own. I will not be commenting on game balance, item strength, spell damage, etc.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** COMBAT / SPELLS ***

-Due to many enemies not colliding with the player, volucris will often attack run and end up inside / on top of the player.

-In FPV, casting spells outside viewing range of top down view either raises the player’s hands with no effect or shoots spells straight up. This is particularly noticeable with transing, and is a major annoyance.
--Perhaps if the player tries to cast a spell outside of its range, the game should choose the nearest available spot in the direction it was cast.

-Spells often do not cast due to objects above line of sight even when direct line of sight is free. This is particularly noticeable with transing. Often a player cannot trans underneath a tree or arch. (668,2979)
--The game seems more strict than X1 when determining line of sight for casting. It is often impossible to cast AoE spells or trans over very small obstacles in X2, which is not a problem in X1.
--It is not uncommon for an enemy to be close enough to hit the player with a melee attack, but for the player's AoE spells to not target the enemy.

-The player is unable to cast Creare Porta on his own feet, and instead must choose a point a certain distance away.
--Creare Porta is only able to be canceled using the "Stop action" key when it is still opening. Once the gate is open, it cannot be closed by the player.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** CONTROLS / MOVEMENT ***

-The "Stop action" key makes the player move one step to the right when pressed.
--Creare Porta is only able to be canceled using the "Stop action" key when it is still opening. Once the gate is open, it cannot be closed by the player.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** GRAPHICS / UI / SOUND ***

-Many spells (ex. Vastare Malus) are rendered underneath carpets. (by Garr, in dungeon under graveyard south of Semel, etc)

-When in the use item UI, the name of the item does not appear when the player hovers the cursor over it as it does in the normal inventory UI.

-Many carpets render as if they were halfway in the ground, and only part of them is shown. (691,3042)
--This is fixed by adjusting the "Depth/Stencil Format" but I would still consider this to be a bug.

-If a player sells an item and does not move the mouse when the inventory is automatically rearranged, the tooltip for the item that was just sold will appear while hovering over the item that took its place in the inventory.

-The option for "Middle HP and MP bars," while able to be checked, does change the player's UI.

-When Vastare Malus is cast quickly enough, it is common for the casting sound not to be played for several consecutive casts.

-Occasionally a randomly chosen helmet will be rendered as if it were dropped on the ground, but it moves with the player. It is typically rendered about 1/8 of a screen width away from the player's feet.
--I have only witnessed this within "East Dungeon." (668,2979)

-When dead, if the player presses the button for the stats screen, the screen flashes as if it will open the stats screen but immediately closes.

-NPC Barbarian Lord spawns with sword held as if it were a staff. Once in combat, this goes away. (485,2152)

-There is no sound when marking.

-Chat text above a player's head renders behind some buildings and walls.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** ITEMS ***

-The blue elixir graphic is purple/red and shares a model with gas form potion and rage potion.

-The green elixir graphic is white/blue.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** MAP ***

-A section of fence surrounding the troll camp is floating above the ground, and the player can walk under it. (491,2232)

-It is possible to gas against the stone pillars of the orc mage fortress and climb them instantly. (596,2234)

-The ground is missing a texture. (544,2982)

-There is a ground texture appearing in the “void.” (524,2964)

-Players can spawn/respawn in T3 at low levels, but there are no enemies or quests for them, so they must walk all the way to T1 to progress.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** NPCS / ENEMIES ***

-Many (but not all) enemies do not collide with the player, so the player can walk through them. The enemies below have been tested and all have the same issue.
--some volucris @ (694,2102) (volucris will attack run inside the player)
--some barbarians @ (473,2136)
--some rogues @ (384,2116)
--some spiders @ (332,2105)

-NPC Renn is often stuck on the mailbox in Semel for minutes at a time. (321,2233)

-NPC Gergin gets stuck against the wall of his shop and bumps against it repeatedly for minutes at a time. (317,2246)

-NPC Avin has two different conversation UIs. The first UI has options for a portal to Semel and storage. Choosing the portal to Semel works, but choosing storage closes the UI and makes the player say “mer_men”. Upon talking to Avin again, the second UI comes up with options for storage and guild bank. Storage works here - guild bank closes the UI with no further effects. (539,2923)

-NPC Rygaron opens a blank conversation UI and says nothing when the player is above a certain level. Some NPCs tell the player that they are not strong enough, so maybe Rygaron should tell the player he has nothing more for them.

-NPC Hardsad has an option for “items” but when the player first clicks it, the conversation UI closes and the player says “mer_men”. When the player clicks on Hardsad again, his shop/items interface opens. (489,2021)

-Hostile NPCs talk to/at the player even if they cannot detect them due to invisibility and are not attacking.

-Garr says “Die fuker!” Maybe it is intentional, but it is strange.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** QUESTS ***

-Upon receiving random XP bonus from killing orcs, the player says “Orcs destroyed! (+3000 exp)” but chat log shows “(+5000 EXP).” 5000 is the true reward.

-Many quests that are offered by NPCs refer to enemies, items, or locations that are not present in X2. This is accepted by players from X1, but this is very confusing for new players.
--Harsad offers multiple tasks / quests that are not possible to complete due to that type of enemy not being present in the game. He also says he marks the players map, which cannot happen and wouldn’t point to a location that exists anyway. (489,2021)
--Claree's quest chain is impossible to finish due to quests ported from X1 not being present in X2. (909,1620)
--Ortox too. (555,2948)
--Corin too. (555,2948)
--Jugger too. (905,1591)

-NPC Synax offers a task to kill "evil wizard." When the player clicks "evil wizard" to learn more, the conversation UI closes. The chat log shows part of a sentence from Synax, then " 'OK" as if the player clicked OK. (856,1596)

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

*** OTHER ***

-Trading with other players does not work

-It is difficult to describe the "strobe-like" bug that happens occasionally. This weekend (2018-01-14) I experienced it when approaching a specific player. When the flashing began, I logged off, and only one of my characters was available, but the character that was displayed to the right was the other player's character that I just came across, and is on a totally different account.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

+++ REMOVED / FIXED (2018-01-21 PATCH) +++

-If an enemy aggros within melee range of the player and does not have to walk, it does not always change its direction to face the player. This is also noticeable with archers - they will aim away from the player yet their arrows will go towards the player.

-If you trans onto water, as long as you don't walk, you can continue to stand on top of the water and trans without any swimming motion.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\

Last edited by tehgloaming on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Good list

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:09 pm

-The Imps lvl 45-50 at CONS -> randomly give 15,000 exp but on log chat says 45,000.

Just tried again and now its 45,000 on both ends. I guess been fixed.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:51 pm
Forum Moderator

Lsa's should be able to be purchased.

The strobe like bug - where your character and entire screen appears to be like a strobe (like fast, constant insta-port)

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 am

NES i figured that out...

ok their is a log in bug wich logs chars in automatically so when you switch accounts or anything then log in it seems to think your on two charachter's at once..

so how i fixed this was a copied my xenimus 2.0 folder and made a seperate folder for the other account that solved the issue

dont use the xenimus folder tto log into more than 1 account ( IE switch accounts)

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 am
Forum Moderator

But I'm not switching accounts unfortunately. It just randomly happens when I'm hunting, or just a few minutes ago, in T3 castle while standing there.
And it is happening more frequently - and the results seem to be worse. Before I could sometimes log on another character and it would be ok, now I have to wait for the auto timeout, even closing the game doesn't help.

Earlier I created a new directory, and re-downloaded the game - same issues.

It's a bummer.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 am

ya its because the other char on your account is being auto loged on at the same time you are on your other charachter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:35 am
Site Admin

Most of those are already on my list. My next update to 2.0 is going to be content and bug fixes so many should be fixed.

The carpet in the floor problem is because you need to set a higher quality Z buffer, check your graphics settings.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 pm

[quote="ejthayer"]Most of those are already on my list. My next update to 2.0 is going to be content and bug fixes so many should be fixed.

The carpet in the floor problem is because you need to set a higher quality Z buffer, check your graphics settings.[/quote]

You're right. Changing my "Depth/Stencil Format" did fix the glitching carpets/floors. Thanks.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Added 2018-01-15

-Tabes does not have a graphic when cast.

-If you trans onto water, as long as you don't walk, you can continue to stand on top of the water and trans without any swimming motion.

-There is no sound when marking.

-Chat text above a player's head renders behind some buildings and walls.

-The blue elixir graphic is purple/red and shares a model with gas form potion and rage potion.

-The green elixir graphic is white/blue.

-Players can spawn/respawn in T3 at low levels, but there are no enemies or quests for them, so they must walk all the way to T1 to progress.

-Claree's quest chain is impossible to finish due to quests ported from X1 not being present in X2. (909,1620)
--Ortox too. (555,2948)
--Corin too. (555,2948)
--Jugger too. (905,1591)

-NPC Synax offers a task to kill "evil wizard." When the player clicks "evil wizard" to learn more, the conversation UI closes. The chat log shows part of a sentence from Synax, then " 'OK" as if the player clicked OK. (856,1596)

-Trading with other players does not work

-It is difficult to describe the "strobe-like" bug that happens occasionally. This weekend (2018-01-14) I experienced it when approaching a specific player. When the flashing began, I logged off, and only one of my characters was available, but the character that was displayed to the right was the other player's character that I just came across, and is on a totally different account.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next