View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Wizard skills 

Been playing my wizard a lot lately and he needs a re-skill badly. I was curious on a few skills..

Is the skill 'damage shield' any good? I'm planning on staying in fire devotion for flame wind, but aside from resists/resist mastery, is this skill worth using while leveling 55+?

If it's not worth using, is it worth going in to energy devotion for bomb/beam? or are they basically useless end game?

Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:30 am

IIRC Damage shield is a passive that just boosts your noxa damage. I usually get it myself, but its not that high of a priority. Helps a lot at low levels, and the dps from it adds up for PvP at higher levels, but its not all that great.

Flame wind is definitely probably the strongest spammable spell they have DPS wise, however when stuff transes around its not always best, and for PvP its a bit annoying to have to aim like that.

Again I used Energy Devo and Bomb+Beam. The beam is great and does great damage, however with bomb leveling is a bit different. Its slower overall, but not terribly much, and you have to watch the number of mobs you gather. Also use star if you use bomb.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:16 pm
The useful thing about wizard bomb is that you can double star when you use it. This dramatically increases the HP steal (if that's a problem), and can 1 shot a lot of monsters (depending on your current level/gear, etc).

Fragor ipsum, likewise, is quite weak. I've always had to use star while leveling. HENCE, my repeated, and ignored, complaints to EJ that star should NOT cancel when you're on -monsters.

There, I feel better...

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:47 pm

At max level Damage shield is STUPID broken vs melee. Use it .

phpBB [video]

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:49 pm
Xen101 wrote:

HAHA

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:07 pm
Xen101 wrote:

its op

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Lester wrote:
Xen101 wrote:

HAHA

Im sorry. I dont understand your post.. would you like video proof?

phpBB [video]

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Lester wrote:
> The useful thing about wizard bomb is that you can double star when you use it. This
> dramatically increases the HP steal (if that's a problem), and can 1 shot a lot
> of monsters (depending on your current level/gear, etc).

Lv 54 with mediocre gear, been hunting circle HDs with flame wind cause I can kite them easier and if I get too many they kill me fairly easily. I would prefer to hunt with bomb but I'm really not sure how well that would work at HDs when I can't tank too many hits and I don't want to cripple my xp/hr by having to go any slower

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:32 pm
What??? Must be a bot

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]