View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 We need more varied leveling spots. 

Its basically vel imps until circle HDs. Its soul-destroying. You need to add more spots with the same mob density. Also mage mobs do way too much damage making plenty of areas obsolete unless you can 1 shot them.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:16 pm

+1

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:03 am

"It's soul-destroying"

sold me

+1

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 am

I agree that magic damage across the entire game is too high. I also personally think imbalances in monster density (HD and imps notably) means that XP/hr rates are much too high in certain places which invalidates any potential alternative spots that may exist. The proverbial horse has been beaten to death on this topic and all threads discussing it are gone. :(

People getting 5-20mill/hr really means that no matter what spot EJ adds people won't break off from those insanely good spots for efficiency purposes. It's odd to me that he's claimed that there's no point in adding new spots because people wouldn't use them, but he also refuses to update old spots and/or adjust XP for the best spots either. Hmm.

Good place to start would be tuning already existing areas to not be lv70+ and to fill these gaps between 45-65 instead. Variety of monsters that don't just beam the snot out of you or cast wizzie bomb 30 times per second would also be fantastic. There is no shortage of unused enemies in this game.

Also, the best spots in the game have "zone spawn" which keeps a steady rate of enemies spawning. I do not see why this kind of spawn is not applied to literally the entire surface area of the game and is only limited to a select few places. Same with found items/vanquished evil. If a place is too low XP, vanquished evil is like the silver bullet to make those places somewhat relevant or competitive.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 pm

epicchase wrote:
Also, the best spots in the game have "zone spawn" which keeps a steady rate of enemies spawning. I do not see why this kind of spawn is not applied to literally the entire surface area of the game and is only limited to a select few places. Same with found items/vanquished evil. If a place is too low XP, vanquished evil is like the silver bullet to make those places somewhat relevant or competitive.

this

Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:34 pm

— EJ Thayer

Last edited by Four dixon cider on Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:37 am

Can we get a response on this?

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:59 am

[quote="epicchase"]I agree that magic damage across the entire game is too high. I also personally think imbalances in monster density (HD and imps notably) means that XP/hr rates are much too high in certain places which invalidates any potential alternative spots that may exist. The proverbial horse has been beaten to death on this topic and all threads discussing it are gone. :(

People getting 5-20mill/hr really means that no matter what spot EJ adds people won't break off from those insanely good spots for efficiency purposes. It's odd to me that he's claimed that there's no point in adding new spots because people wouldn't use them, but he also refuses to update old spots and/or adjust XP for the best spots either. Hmm.

Good place to start would be tuning already existing areas to not be lv70+ and to fill these gaps between 45-65 instead. Variety of monsters that don't just beam the snot out of you or cast wizzie bomb 30 times per second would also be fantastic. There is no shortage of unused enemies in this game.

Also, the best spots in the game have "zone spawn" which keeps a steady rate of enemies spawning. I do not see why this kind of spawn is not applied to literally the entire surface area of the game and is only limited to a select few places. Same with found items/vanquished evil. If a place is too low XP, vanquished evil is like the silver bullet to make those places somewhat relevant or competitive.[/quote]

+1 to zone spawn. This would allow more people to be in one area.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

Back in the day, when places like isle (basement adepts) and evil isle were one of the big hunting spots, that is how it would work.
The faster the mobs were killed, the faster the respawn became.

You could easily have 3-4 people hunting these spots comfortably all at the same time because the respawn would be so quick.
Wish we went back to those days and made spawn like that everywhere.

One spot that desperately could use that type of respawn is Cron servants and Death Knights.
I've seen people trying to do king quest and farm crystals just leave death knights because they can't compete with the other person there who can kill all the spawn faster than them. Make these areas respawn faster and this would no longer be an issue.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:24 am

[quote="dream"]Back in the day, when places like isle (basement adepts) and evil isle were one of the big hunting spots, that is how it would work.
The faster the mobs were killed, the faster the respawn became.

You could easily have 3-4 people hunting these spots comfortably all at the same time because the respawn would be so quick.
Wish we went back to those days and made spawn like that everywhere.

One spot that desperately could use that type of respawn is Cron servants and Death Knights.
I've seen people trying to do king quest and farm crystals just leave death knights because they can't compete with the other person there who can kill all the spawn faster than them. Make these areas respawn faster and this would no longer be an issue.[/quote]

+1 to that!!!! especially DKs.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]