View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 2.0 Update Feedback (2/27/2021) 

According to patch notes, the following has been addressed (among other things):

Collision detection
Fireballs become chickens
Trans into monsters get you stuck
More LSAs should drop globally
Fixed graphics for several items
Pally regen
Charm
Stat calc updates (this was the change from 1/3 on x1.0) to make multi spells rely more on primary stats.

I noticed that middle hp/mp bars display now, but they aren't tied to your actual HP/MP values -- it's just graphic. Additionally, you are unable to cast spells if you hover your cursor over them so be careful when using them unless this is fixed. It's an easy way to get yourself killed unintentionally.

First take on the stat updates for a predominately strength-based Warrior (78) is that my spin damage seems to have been reduced by 20-40% as a result of this change. I don't know where this falls in the grand scheme of overall class balance but I'll keep testing this out and see how the change really "feels" over time. I don't plan to use the respec until 70 (as I'll be going 80 strength) and then I'll be able to do some more in-depth comparison for those melee classes considering new builds as a result of the changes.

*EDIT* I need to clarify that the actual damage of spin probably wasn't reduced in my case (and maybe even increased) but the relative effectiveness of spin in areas that I hunt at 68 makes it feel that way. Remember that these stat changes were also applied to NPCs so they are likely more difficult to kill which makes this change "feel" like a nerf to spin damage.

It looks like object collision is in a great spot so a lot of those issues have been ironed out. Even falling off the side of a bridge will place you on a tile below rather than suspend you in a falling state.

Potential bug: The mobs in "minidd" (loc 1844, 2150) will chain dispell you permanently, regardless of the buffs you have on. You are not able to keep normal self buffs up in hunting this area. This definitely needs to be addressed as this area will not be huntable by a lot of classes if they can't self buff.

*EDIT2* Mobs in "DD" as well (loc 1923, 1877)

*EDIT3* Feedback re. item graphic updates, there are still several items that have incorrect graphics when dropped on the ground. Havoc War Sword looks like a spirit plate, Ominex War Sword looks like a diabolic plate, and Skull Crusher looks like another armor. Oversized items have been reduced and some of the new graphics you've added look great (shout out to the dentibus mace).

Last edited by Torrential Reign on Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 pm
Site Admin

Yes the middle MPHP bars were not mentioned in the fixes because I'm not done with those yet but I wanted to get out what I had.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 pm

Yep, we understand. Just making note of the changes we're seeing.

Bumping for visibility on the persistent dispell issue occurring in several areas of the game that's affecting a lot of players. It doesn't seem like it's an intentional change (but maybe?!) and reminds me of the bug that was occurring when house buffs weren't working correctly (the mobs seemed like they were trying to dispell something from you that you didn't have an icon/indicator for). Daemon Calvarias in the Baraw area (loc 2571, 2903) are also dispelling players consistently.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:08 am
Forum Moderator

You continue to be dispelled regardless of what charge was previously dispelled. It is very similar to how the house white would cause you to be dispelled repeatedly.

Still testing the other changes, but so far so good.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:15 pm

Few new issues that have come up with regard to this update.

1. Rangers can only shoot east! Single target shots will veer off to the east regardless of the position of their target.

2. The issue I mentioned in the other object collision thread regarding folks getting stuck transing through the open world is still persistent here and is most prevalent in first-person view. If it would help to make a video demonstrating it occurring then I can do that. There doesn't require an extensive elevation change, either.

Examples of locations below that I've been able to reproduce and get stuck in.

Loc 1772, 905 (east of barb camp) (third-person view)
Loc 1729, 617 (east of Solus) (first-person view)
Loc 1797, 566 (east of Solus) (first-person view)

Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:02 am

Thanks for the update today. Definitely a fan of using middle hp/mp bars. Is there any reason why you are unable to cast spells when you mouse over the bars? It's going to be detrimental for people to use this feature as you risk dying if you accidentally mouse over the middle of your screen.

Bumping this to bring light to the dispell issue that's still occurring in several areas of the game. The fact that you get constatantly dispelled even with no buffs up make it seem like it's a bug. It's really difficult for players to hunt these areas without being able to utilize self buffs.

Additionally, Rangers using bow can only shoot east regardless of the direction of their target.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 am

You cannot take any action when your cursor is over any GUI frame save for the landscape, characters, and NPCs. If you hover over anything else--buff/charge symbols; chat box; hp/mp/exp bars; horizontal hp/mp/exp bars; middle hp/mp bars; exp-rate box--you are barred from taking any action until you move your cursor away. This was an old issue in 1.0 but it was fixed to allow interaction with the environment regardless of cursor position. Strangely, as long as you haven't shifted system-focus away from the client after the initial execution of the client, you can interact with the environment behind the exp-rate box until you shift your system's focus to another application (alt-tab away and back in and you can't interact behind the exp rate box anymore); afterwards, you have to close and restart the client to regain that interactivity. Sometimes the hp/mp/exp bars will all display empty and 0% when you return from having shifted focus away from the client; as far as I can tell, restarting the client is the only solution. I can see how middle hp/mp bars would become troublesome as trying to heal or take any action at all would be negated if your cursor touches either bar's arc; I don't personally use them but I know they are used a lot and know what use they provide.

Having the GUI restrict our ability to play is detrimental as it has become necessary to take into consideration the positioning of the GUI components, which components of the GUI we want to use, and what field of view we consider to be allowable/acceptable to be noninteractive: more GUI components, the less the field of view is interactive and the more care one has to take when moving their cursor within that field of view; less GUI components, the more the field of view is interactive and the less care one has to take when moving their cursor within that field of view. We are forced to trade interactivity for information.

And yes, the dispell issue is game changing. If you cannot hunt a place without buffs/charges, you simply cannot hunt that place. I can understand having a few areas in the game in which this is a specific and intended game mechanic that separates the area from others in that regard (e.g. a small central square room, within a larger dungeon that otherwise contains no other duplicate instances of that room, containing monsters that dispell thereby forcing the player(s) to react differently), but there are far too many monsters that spam dispell. We had this issue on 1.0 years ago in which most named bosses (Ryzar, etc.) would react to red potion/battle scroll/vis baritus scroll use by continually dispelling; you could either fight it without buff items, or you couldn't fight it at all.

Monsters dispelling isnt a problem, its the implementation of the mechanic that is the problem. If dispelling monsters were isolated to areas that presented an obstacle to overcome within a dungeon, or it was used very sparingly to create melee-dominated zones, or was an uncommon-to-rare ability that super versions of monsters could have, it would be fine and add much-needed flavor to dungeons. As it currently is, however, it drastically alters the combat landscape and makes some areas near-impassable and thus unusable and abandoned.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:40 pm
Forum Moderator

Thank you! This last patch fixes the issues with the middle HP/MP bars and the monsters constantly dispelling you. I tried several classes and with the recent changes all seem fairly well balanced. It appears fragor is working again, that should help some classes such as rangers.

Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:28 am

Middle hp/mp bars are now such that one can interact with the environment behind them, and cast spells when the cursor touches either arc. The GUI does not appear to irreparably zero (or nine) on alt-tab/minimize anymore. Dispel appears to be normalized to reasonable levels during combat. The exp-rate box appears to allow one to interact with the environment behind it regardless of alt-tab/minimize. Thank you.

Buff/charge symbols, chat box, hp/mp/exp bars, horizontal hp/mp/exp bars still restrict the user from interacting with the environment behind the GUI component until the cursor is moved away from that component. The pie-slice timer symbol for class-specific buff skills appears to be an exception, and allows the user to interact with the environment behind the symbol.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]