View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Proof? 

Jean Chretien wrote:
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.

Getting tired of this "Proof?" stuff yall have going on. Proof is for Ej, and he's more than capable of asking for it on his own, or finding it on his own. Any posts I see that are along the lines of, "proof?", with no contribution to the topic will be deleted on first offense, warned on 2nd, probably 1 day banned on 3rd.

Starts now, Ej and Nesbi feel free to override, but IMO its annoying, unproductive, and a waste of every ones time.

Also, the report button works, but tbh, I dont check it all that much. Not sure about the other mods tho. Mostly I just read through topics when I can and do what I can. If you really feel something horrible has happened, and there hasnt been any feedback from the report button, tell Ej via email. (report button feedback may not be us sending you a pm, it may just be us deleting the post or banning the user). Keep in mind, the more nonsense reportings we get, the less likely we are to see the real ones.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm

I've had some questions regarding this.
So I will try to clarify.

When I posted this, I did not intend, or include in my mind posts that are valid, on-topic, and reasonable (of course those are all objective).
What I was mainly referring to were posts that, if deleted, would not negatively impact the thread, but in fact, make it cleaner and easier to read. Posts that contributed absolutely nothing to the thread.

Some examples:
Posts I would delete;
-"mages are way better than melees, any mage can do XX with only YY gear", ... "no they cant, proof?"
-"melees are OP because they can kill any mage by doing XX", ... "cant kill my mage, proof?"

Posts I would keep;
-"mages are way better than melees, any mage can do XX with only YY gear", ... "that may be true in your case, but there might be some other factors involved, are you sure any mages can do it or can only warlocks and wizards do it since clerics/druids usually have lower shadow resist? Also, that gear is pretty low gear, however it has a ton of natural fire resist in it."
-"melees are OP because they can kill any mage by doing XX", ... "that is not really an indication of them being OP, there are a lot of external factors, what are the weapons on the melees doing this? are all melees doing this, or just a few, and which mages are they killing? what are the stats of these melees, are they just tuned to killing mages, how do they fare against other melees?"

Basically I am trying to do as little moderation as possible and let you have your say. However, I've never been much of a fan of just putting "+1", "bump", or "proof?", or any other posts that basically contribute nothing. I usually delete those type of posts, or edit them and ask the poster to edit it and add a reason. The only difference between "+1" and "proof?" are that both are useless, however one in addition to contributing nothing, also instigates arguments, and derailing.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]