View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Fresh start - Wizard 

Returning to Xenimus today (now), and will be starting fresh with a Scallion wizard, with no gear etc, as with any other person who starts a-fresh.

Will be posting here, how the levelling is as I go along, finding gear, etc, etc.

If you're interested, keep an eye on this post, or find me in-game ( Novius )

Level 1-4 : Easy going....Started off killing some bugs, due to overpowered imp bosses. Managed to kill normal imps and carry on leveling.
Level 4-6 : Easy going...level 5 I did some of 1-10 dungeon invisible. Couldn't finish the wizards, due to too much zap.
6- 8 : Hit 7 at trolls, invisible, and using flamma. Armor is low due to having found nothing. Got a fire staff in t2 dungeon, invisible again of course. Completed imp bosses task.
8 : Completed 1-10 dungeon. Was rather easy, thanks to the NDNT fire staff, and an apprentice robe I found in a chest. Doing t1 gy upstairs, invisible, flamma'ing individual skeletons (They Hurt).
9-10 : Got multi, and things just sped up massively. Top floor t1 gy is a lot more feasible to hunt. 1st floow down in t1 gy still a bit tough, due to low armour. But, found a magic leather, and a cloak, which both offered slightly more armor.
11 : Found a hat in t1 gy 'Found Items'. Massively helping.
Level 12 - Killed Jorn with ease.
Level 11 - 13 : Doing Skeleton Task, combined with clearing the floor down in T1 gy. managed to get a pair of specteral gloves from skeleton task, and 4 salubris rings with hp regen, from the consignment merchant. Still without boots thus far.
Level 13 - Found boots. More hp is always a bonus.
Level 14 : Still doing skeleton task + t1 gy. Just completed 1-19 dungeon solo, for the 65k reward. Also completed the chain quest up to the troll King. Not strong enough to Kill Rog/Thoran yet, and nobody around to politely ask for help.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Keep an eye out at merchants for capes and boots. At 5sp they are a steal.

Rog and Thoran aren't too bad if you wedge them in a bit. Not sure if wizzies get skellies.

I always try do one or two quests above level, so you can get the better rewards. If you get lucky sometimes you get a item that really steps up your XP per hour.
Don't forget about evil side quests too. There are one or two the good side doesn't have.

By T2 dungeon I assume you meant the DS entry by the troll camp. T2 is super hard for newbs and is also refered to as East(dungeon)

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Luckily, I got a cape / boots on my travels / questing.
I think I'll be ok with Rog , but I don't mind waiting to complete that quest.
Get better rewards? I wasn't aware that quest rewards scaled with level.

Yeah, I meant the entrance by trolls...used to it being called T2 ds.

I'm at 15 currently, and will be playing again later.
Got some previous experience with the game, but returned a d thought some people might appreciate the insight into how a brand new character plays, finding / buying your own gesr, as a fresh char would.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 am

Probably not the fastest way to level, but after I complete the Minotaur task the first time at Cons, all I did from 16 or 17 all the way to 21 was the Minotaur task to make some money while leveling. 4 max pots and a chance at an LA/animus ring/BP. At that point I moved to the daemon task at good isle.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Not scaled with level, but if you take a tougher quest, the rewards are better than lower tier quests. I risked adepts a few times, died a bunch but got a super life hammer. Propped it, now I can do that area full blast.

Demons quest at Isle Dungeon is almost the best. As long as you can take a few hits. You get "found items" and "Slaying evil" xp bonuses.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]