View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Returning Player questions 
returning original player here,have some questions and will probably think of more,forgive me if they are disjointed or jumbled and any and all earnest advice/info is greatly appreciated,ive tried several in wc but players dont seem as helpful now as they once were,anyhow..

which melee (if any) isnt nerfed now? (as theyre hard to grind as it is..)

is warlocks fire heavy only now? i been pumping shadow like crazy and seems terribly nerfed, 2-3 beams to kill elementals at level 19

i was told chain cant be done until mid 20s bc bosses are OP now,this correct? i can remember doing chain at mid to late teens with a helper np (am at Rog.Thoran now,forgot order and killed barb and dog N of t3 no sweat solo)

where can i get decent gear at my level? EJ seems to have gotten awful tight,level 15-20 quests in T2 giving level 5-10 gear! :O :(

how many toons needed to form guild now? used to be 5,do alts not count anymore? :(

where to grind XP late teens/early 20s? elementals are SLOOOW and t2 quests even worse!

thx again for any help anyone,seems like any pretext of game balance has gone out the window, "reg" mobs often have killer poison,beam,almus,etc... i LOVE this game but it seems almost impossible to play now....

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah stick to fire and Flama ventus. Beams and shadow is completely underpowered in PVP. no smart or good pvper will EVER stand in poison cloud to pvp you and beams require aiming. These people just spamm flamma ventus since it has a wide range and takes zero skill to hit players.

Warrior class is overpowered because they can reach 80-100% AMP when you get really good level 65+ gear like Xencon and Vexar sets, as well as 4%amp propped gear. Ej said once he would add a cap but hasnt. All other melees are weak compared to warriors.

10 toons to form a guild. alts count.

get level 1 and get like 5 white el;ixirs. get a level 70 to lure a bunch of lava imps for you and use white elixir to die in between that group. (white elixir does a very op bomb almus that will kill them all. level 1-10 in 1 bomb almus. 10-12 in 2 more. 12-13 in 2. then just do quest chains, semel graveyard and 1-19 dungon (bosses quest. ask around)

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:23 am
[quote="Loki"]Yeah stick to fire and Flama ventus. Beams and shadow is completely underpowered in PVP. no smart or good pvper will EVER stand in poison cloud to pvp you and beams require aiming. These people just spamm flamma ventus since it has a wide range and takes zero skill to hit players.

Warrior class is overpowered because they can reach 80-100% AMP when you get really good level 65+ gear like Xencon and Vexar sets, as well as 4%amp propped gear. Ej said once he would add a cap but hasnt. All other melees are weak compared to warriors.

10 toons to form a guild. alts count.

get level 1 and get like 5 white el;ixirs. get a level 70 to lure a bunch of lava imps for you and use white elixir to die in between that group. (white elixir does a very op bomb almus that will kill them all. level 1-10 in 1 bomb almus. 10-12 in 2 more. 12-13 in 2. then just do quest chains, semel graveyard and 1-19 dungon (bosses quest. ask around)[/quote]

ok thx for the tips Loki,not too terribly worried about PVP at least til i get strong is prolly pointless til then anyway...if fire magic is the go now thats a bummer,basically makes lock pointless might as well play a darkwar or something...

i have 11 members including alts and still says needs more players to form guild when i use -guildname, payed the 50gp already,still same msg,a bug mebbe? should i try to contact EJ?

i had read about bomb almus but not sure on the specifics of it,and getting help in this game anymore is like pulling teeth (over a dozen people looked at this post so far and only you responded,im grateful,and despite the bad rap you have with some people apparently ive seen you be a pretty decent guy several times over the years,just want to point that out)

1-19 respawn rate is nerfed,so actually slower than elementals using both spawns,i think the lil hole with the super skells and spiders is a lil faster,where the 5 ports are on the "middle-ish" island dont know the term ingame as its one of the many things added since last i played....any tips to soloing the chain or do i just have to wait until im higher to do that now? (I'm 19,probably 20 by the time this is read)

another thing,have dual steals been nerfed? they used to be bomb but dont seem to work too good now,even with high regens equipped as well?

and an open question for mods or whoever,is the work still ongoing to make actual guides to explain whats hitting and whats nerfed,or has it been abandoned? i read the sticky and saw something about EJ not liking game info shared,but if thats true i feel we should petition him to rethink that position,as its counterproductive to the spirit of "MMO" gameplay and will also discourage any "new blood" if they dont know what skills/abilities/etc are effective vs whats usable but worthless well enough to live through the grind... just my two cents.

I been playing Xen almost since the start,and ive always enjoyed it,theres now alot i havent seen yet and i hope to make it to those things and also to encourage gamers i know to come give it a try... if anyone is of a helpful spirit and wants to contribute ideas or suggestions but worried about being harassed publicly plz feel free to drop me a msg on here with any useful info,it is greatly appreciated!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:44 am
Forum Moderator

From what I remember, it is 10 characters in the guild for a guild name. It's been a while since I created one.

For hunting on a low level warlock, use your poison cloud and flame ventus - it works really well, personally I think that warlocks are one of the easiest classes to level.

The HP steal depends on the damage that you do, if you can't do much damage you don't get much HP returned back to you. You are better off trying to get more fire damage with a staff, and healing occasionally.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:19 pm
[quote="PrincessNesbianna"]From what I remember, it is 10 characters in the guild for a guild name. It's been a while since I created one.

For hunting on a low level warlock, use your poison cloud and flame ventus - it works really well, personally I think that warlocks are one of the easiest classes to level.

The HP steal depends on the damage that you do, if you can't do much damage you don't get much HP returned back to you. You are better off trying to get more fire damage with a staff, and healing occasionally.[/quote]

OK thanks Nes, what happened to PS? Haven't seen them around this time,was a pretty kewl guild last time I was active...

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:51 pm
Forum Moderator

The more active players have joined other guilds.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:32 pm
Portius wrote:
returning original player here,have some questions and will probably think of more,forgive me if they are disjointed or jumbled and any and all earnest advice/info is greatly appreciated,ive tried several in wc but players dont seem as helpful now as they once were,anyhow..

which melee (if any) isnt nerfed now? (as theyre hard to grind as it is..)

IMO there is no melee class worth leveling. The grind just takes way too long. If you are dead set on leveling one though I would go with Warrior

is warlocks fire heavy only now? i been pumping shadow like crazy and seems terribly nerfed, 2-3 beams to kill elementals at level 19

I max Shadow and Fire Devo. As I hunt I'll gather a mob and cast a cloud and then just flame wind.

i was told chain cant be done until mid 20s bc bosses are OP now,this correct? i can remember doing chain at mid to late teens with a helper np (am at Rog.Thoran now,forgot order and killed barb and dog N of t3 no sweat solo)

As someone else mentioned just get a few white elixers and you can do the chain quest solo with the exception of Sath. I had all of it done at level 8 on my lock I started a while back.

where can i get decent gear at my level? EJ seems to have gotten awful tight,level 15-20 quests in T2 giving level 5-10 gear! :O :(

Gearing a noob is way different now. There is no reason to bother getting great propped items until 30+. You can use the gear you get from quests and mystic ores+leaves to prop it at T2. If you are gearing a lock then my suggestion is to get the ndnt super fire staff from the mage in T2 ds and use it until you can get something better. If you get one with fire and amd use the free propping method at T2 to get 10 amd and you are set. It usually takes me 2-3 staffs before I get 10amd and fire. My lock is now level 32 and I have had zero reason to buy any gear at all other then rings (this is where the majority of your plat should go). I will get a shadow arc hat at 40 but you can literally get everything else you need as ndnt from quests/bosses.

how many toons needed to form guild now? used to be 5,do alts not count anymore? :(

Already answered above

where to grind XP late teens/early 20s? elementals are SLOOOW and t2 quests even worse!

There is a spot where any class including melees can clear 1.5-2 mil/hr from level 15-24/25 easy. It is located through a portal pad very close to one of the basic shrines and has skeletons/spiders. Drops are garbage but spawn is decent and gives amazing xp.

thx again for any help anyone,seems like any pretext of game balance has gone out the window, "reg" mobs often have killer poison,beam,almus,etc... i LOVE this game but it seems almost impossible to play now....

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:01 pm
Sounds good I suppose,in follow up...

You must've been very lucky for propping...

White elixir gives almus,and does massive DMG to enemies when it pops,am I understanding correctly? Is it only elixirs or do white pots have also?
Is there a place at low level to farm them or do I have to grind enough gold to buy them from cons at about 15g apiece? If the latter it seems unworth it and I should just wait to mid 20s to do chain,you did at 8?!?! Would've thought that unlikely even a couple years ago before it was beefed up,I seem to recall it took mid-late teens and a helper then,and you still run into trouble if it spawned a "super" Sath, you literally couldn't seem to kill him,spent like 10 mins trying once with highlvl spamming heal on me,lol

Finally (for now) does you or anyone know quest that rewards ndnt mage gloves? That's the main piece I haven't been able to track down anywhere,bought some blanks in t3 merc BC its 25 ac over 11 from the quest drop ones,the missing props is hurting me tho...

Thank again for the help folks!

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:59 pm

At low levels (until you can do deamons at isles) you have to pay the 15g for white elixers. And yes, only white elixers work. It should take you all of 10-15 minutes to make 15g if you tried, its not that much.

As far as mage gloves, some quests give them (t1 graveyard might as well), but you also get propped mage gloves after you kill sath. They are level 20 gloves by the way, so hopefully by 20 you can kill sath relatively easy.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:47 am
Someone helped me with Seth,otherwise wouldve been nigh on impossible even at like 23...

(It takes a lot longer to make 15g than 10-15 mins,at low levels)

Where should I be grinding at 25? The skelly/spider pit has diminished in returns so much,I can take daemons 1 or 2 at a time if I'm careful,and the gear/gold return is pretty wonderful compared to everything else up to this point,but it doesn't feel like its the most effective xp timewise,"safe" multi killing is usually best to me...

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]