View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Returning Player - Looking for advice or help 
Returning, at least for a while to see how it goes.

Right now I have basically nothing for gear and would appreciate some help running Sogam for a hat first and foremost.

Other than that, where would a mage level at 65 now? What gear (armor, weapon, rings) should I aim for as a warlock?

Thanks

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 pm
good luck on gearing up, and finding any decent help. assuming it's chris as krymore? I'f you still play hate i'll keep an eye out and help you out but other then that most gear from raid bosses.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:33 am

You should try to get your hands on some VMs as they are quite useful now. Also you NEED a +2 scientia ring cause if you don't you're slacking in damage. A decent ring setup for me is 3vms (depends on how much hp you want) and chain quest va and then the 2 other you can chose if you want a derath or some mage rings or a vv but thats not so useful unless you have 4%amd on it. To get the good gear as a 65 mage i would suggest going on raids for bosses like Terroth, 1st, 3rd, Vrrrosss , Ty Grim etc. These have chances to drop ndnt iLevel 80++++++

If you absolutely have nothing on, no demo or arcane robe you should try to still do raids but also go to the Master sorceress (also called Boners) located above cons next to the minotaur sh*t. They have a chance to give (Found Items) which can be a Demo, adept robe, amh or other useful stuff. (I do believe that they can drop supers there but not sure)

You can try to level at warriors or at the right/left hell knights (island left of cons)

And thats it, try to make some gold too so that you can buy some decent items for you aswell.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:42 am
skull=obe wrote:
good luck on gearing up, and finding any decent help. assuming it's chris as krymore? I'f you still play hate i'll keep an eye out and help you out but other then that most gear from raid bosses.

That's me. Hopefully I'll see you on!

White Noize wrote:
You should try to get your hands on some VMs as they are quite useful now. Also you NEED a +2 scientia ring cause if you don't you're slacking in damage. A decent ring setup for me is 3vms (depends on how much hp you want) and chain quest va and then the 2 other you can chose if you want a derath or some mage rings or a vv but thats not so useful unless you have 4%amd on it. To get the good gear as a 65 mage i would suggest going on raids for bosses like Terroth, 1st, 3rd, Vrrrosss , Ty Grim etc. These have chances to drop ndnt iLevel 80++++++

If you absolutely have nothing on, no demo or arcane robe you should try to still do raids but also go to the Master sorceress (also called Boners) located above cons next to the minotaur sh*t. They have a chance to give (Found Items) which can be a Demo, adept robe, amh or other useful stuff. (I do believe that they can drop supers there but not sure)

You can try to level at warriors or at the right/left hell knights (island left of cons)

And thats it, try to make some gold too so that you can buy some decent items for you aswell.

I got on yesterday and managed to find some people doing bosses and they let me tag along. Didn't get any drops other than a blue elixir from Zon Rin, but I'm hopeful that will change on the next run I get to go on. Big shout out to Matrix and Supernova for carrying me through those while I'm naked. There's a ranger "Madman" who seems like a total troll, trying to f**k up the raid runs for everyone. Anyone know who that is? I don't like him.

I do have an arcane robe, blank AMH, and a sovo. I believe that Sogam's Hat is better than AMH though so I'd still like to get that.

Thanks for the tip on the sorceress place above cons, I'll try that out today! I'm sure anything they drop will be better than the junk I have on now.

Oh, also, I need a guild if anyone is recruiting. Thanks again.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:49 pm
You can also try leveling at old GH (way to arachnid queen). It drops bags like candy and shrouds fairly often. I can do it slowly on my 61 wiz in sh*t gear so at 65 you should be ok in minimal gear.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 pm

We do have a guild/link you can join just look out for Banana King ingame if you want to join.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm
SporkimusPrime wrote:
You can also try leveling at old GH (way to arachnid queen). It drops bags like candy and shrouds fairly often. I can do it slowly on my 61 wiz in sh*t gear so at 65 you should be ok in minimal gear.

Thanks, just got the mark there so I'll try it out. What would you describe as "fairly often" for dropping of a shroud?

White Noize wrote:
We do have a guild/link you can join just look out for Banana King ingame if you want to join.

I'm online right now and I think you just ported me to GH.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Welcome back Chris, hope all is going well.
I'd offer to help some but I dont really play much currently.
I think Kev and E may still play, but I havent heard from them in a while, though I see Kev lurking the boards occasionally.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:54 am
Krymore wrote:
SporkimusPrime wrote:

Thanks, just got the mark there so I'll try it out. What would you describe as "fairly often" for dropping of a shroud?

Sorry it took me so long to answer. I have found 2 there in the last 4 months or so and I only play an hour per day if that. I always find mine closer to the arachnid queen but I've heard of people finding them right at the beginning to.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]