View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Few questions 
delete

Last edited by Lbp on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm
Lbp wrote:
Hello, my in game name is Lbp I saw this game pop up on twitch, so I figured I would test it out. I have been playing for about a week to a week and a half and currently level 19. I have gotten help from people in game with some questions, but still more and I didn’t want to be a bother even more so to those already helping me.

1.A guy told me about a skill that’s lets me double my damage if used right, not sure how to find more about this in game. Are there NPC’s or a quest for this and if so where would it be?
I believe that the spell they were talking about is called star or * as it shows up in your spells list. In order to get it you have to be level 20 and have 23 read I believe. You can only use the spell 2x in a row or it "breaks" and you have to get someone to take you to the shrine to get it again

2.Someone else told me to read these battle scrolls I will need them for later, but not clear on why I need them if someone could clear this up for me that would be great.
Battle Scrolls as well as Sensus, Glacius, Flamma, and Vis Baritus Scrolls (SP*) all give you read skill. You start out using Battle and Sensus scrolls until you have enough read for the others. Read is required to use certain scrolls (i.e. portal scrolls) and is also required to get your shrines. If you are a mage class and having trouble getting your read up start using port scrolls instead of your create portal spell and it will help your read increase.

3.The quests and stuff from about 1-17 have been fairly easy and the game guides you a bit from the NPC in town, Then I moved to the second town just down the road and it feels like there was drop off on the map being marked and or just what level I should be for some of the quests, and now at 19 I am not sure what I should be doing, any help with a leveling guide example like 19-??, ??-??, ??-??, and so on would be great. To be completely honest once your have completed the chain quest and gotten the super VA ring and then killed Sath the other quests from merchants are really useless and will slow down leveling. There is a quest at level 15 that you get reditus amulets for delivering some supplies to a mage (quest is broken, NPC says you get 3 amulets but you only get 2) and then at 16 that same NPC's wife sends you on a quest to find her ring. The reward for this one is a 1mp1hp5ac elemental leather and a decent mage hat. If you go to cons and find an NPC to the North East of the square he will give you a quest to kill bosses in the 1-20 dungeon which you get some experience for and then one of the other guards near the square will give you the minotaur quest and you get the Oreseth Guard Ring the first time and after that some good propping items for use later or to sell. After those are completed I never do any other quests until Ryzar at level 30 with the help of a high level character. To get through those levels is really fast. I went from 19-24 on my warrior in a total of about 3 hours this past weekend.

4.I have a question on is this mystic mummy, I have been a few times now I got one of the thing it dropped and used it. I only knew how to do this because of help from the players. I was told its worth waiting until I get the two I can get is this true? (even if it means to stop leveling)
The Ankh you get off the mystic mummy should be used wisely (usually on rings because those are the only items you will still potentially use at a higher level) The Item level cutoff for ankh use is 30 I believe. I suggest using it on a VM or Sci. If you have already gotten one ankh you should be able to get the second and still level normally. After level 30 you cannot access the mummy anymore so you are good until then. I am 24 and been to probably 10-15 MM raids and still don't have my first ankh on my warrior.

5.The last question I have is things like this mummy and so many more I am not aware of is there a help site or NPC’s that would help me find this on my own in time or is it just left as older players will pass the secrets to newer ones?
Your best way to find out about anything in the game is just ask other players. There are higher level players who refuse to even acknowledge new players but there are still alot that will be more than happy to help you. There are some very old Wiki pages with information about quests and such in Xenimus but there is a potential that the information in them is incorrect now.

Overall the help I have gotten from Zog, Haslox, Zima, and Bjorn (forgive me I do not remember everyone and might have misspelled a name or two sorry) has been great. The one thing I will say is either I lucked out with who I’ve met and asked or the player base in general is very willing to help a new player, one of the warmest welcomes I’ve had in my mmo playing career.

I don't get to play a lot but if you see me in game I will be more than happy to help you in any way I can. My main in game characters are No Leaf Clover, Pootnaner, and Nothing More

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:55 pm
delete

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm
No problem at all and again if you see me in game catch my attention and I'll help you out as much as I can and we'll see what and all I can show you.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 pm
Do you remember what character you saw streaming on twitch?

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:31 am
delete

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:22 pm
Xenimus 2.0 won't be coming out anytime really soon, I would guess that it is months away from being released (barring any major set backs which can always happen) And when it does get released there will most likely be a leveling cap until more and more content can be added.

Unless the player base dramatically increases to the point where the 2 servers are necessary, the 2 servers will most likely be merged. So any progress you make on the current server will not go to waste.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:31 am
it was proably my stream you saw as for if its worth playing untill 2.0 hmm

well in a sense its worth it because you would get more Knowledge about the game

and the 2.0 will mostlikely not be released anytime soon and if it is

it will proably only be from level 1-20 or so then you would have to wait another few months

for ej to complete next update for higher level content etc

so yes id say its worth playing the current version to gain knowledge about how xen works

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:46 am

pretty sure ronaldoi is a bot/spam bot ? lol just look at all its posts.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Loki wrote:
pretty sure ronaldoi is a bot/spam bot ? lol just look at all its posts.

Ive noticed this as well. It always seems like he is replying to a different post. Only like 1 or 2 actually seem like they legitimately belong where they are lol.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next