View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Guide to Linay and Quon Vex Bosses 
Linay is a mage boss in the "Fortress", north of Insurgo (aka Jail Town). She is a mage and uses a ton of spells like fragor, away and beams. What makes her deadly is her away. The three bosses in this Fort are known as 1st, 2nd (Linay), and 3rd (Thorgraam).

Quon Vex is a mage boss in "Bottom DD" on the left part of the dungeon. It is a mage that uses tons of spells like fragor, away, and beams.

The trick to defeat them is easy.

You must have a tank who has the aggro, "some nerds refer to this as "cookies". So if a player has "the cookies", or aggro, it means the bosses will ALWAYS attack that player until they die, before attacking any other player.

The trick is that is the Tank is being attacked (aggro) he cannot DPS these bosses. Why? Because once the tank DPS these bosses, the "AWAY" spell of these mages will send the tank "away" to another side of the screen and then the bosses will go crazy attacking everyone else, ruining your raid.

What you have to do is get the TANK" to do nothing but just TANK damage, hold the aggro and heal.

If the tank is a warrior he can just Glow Pot+ HP Pot as well as use meds and you must have a healer spam heal on him to keep him alive.

If the tank is a diab/cleric/druid then he can just Glow Pot+ HP Pot AND spam heal himself since his heals are good. A second healer would be good too as to ensure he does not die.

Also, REMOVE any noxa/reflect/doom that will damage the boss if you are tank, as it is considered DPS and will trigger their away.

Other tips and tricks:

1. Keep at least 2-3 revers around in case people die. (doesn't hurt to do in ANY raid)

2. Keep at least 2 players on the bottom of the screen to prevent the mobs from spawning down there. If Quon Vex aways a character too far, you will be right in the middle of/near spawned mobs which can cause troubles.

3. You do not need 5k rl$$$$ and leech DLShield to tank. =)

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:33 pm
This is actually kind of a bad guide.

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:14 pm
If you have a better guide for everyone, feel free to post it. =)

Oh wait you won't because you want it to yourselves. #greed

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Loki wrote:

How do Paladin's do as a tank in boss raids? This is my goal for my Paladin more then PvP. I plan on leveling a different class for PvP and having my Paladin more of a raid character.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:05 am
Manowar wrote:
Loki wrote:

How do Paladin's do as a tank in boss raids? This is my goal for my Paladin more then PvP. I plan on leveling a different class for PvP and having my Paladin more of a raid character.

Well Pokinatcha is the best paladin in game. He always tanked Vross, Nath, Ty Grim and Terroth back when his guild was larger and a few members didn't leave the game/take breaks.

They make good tanks if you know what you're doing. Paladin buff helps A TON. And of course so does Glow Pot and HP Potion. Right now, I see it like this...since Warriors get the most amp (80%-100%) they are the best tanks for mage characters. Any boss that is pure physical hits, can be tanked by Warrior or Paladin or even a great geared mage with HP Pot and Glow pot. (1.2k Armor+)

Also, clerics spamming heal helps 100000%.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:13 am

Loki wrote:
Manowar wrote:
Loki wrote:

Well Pokinatcha is the best paladin in game. He always tanked Vross, Nath, Ty Grim and Terroth back when his guild was larger and a few members didn't leave the game/take breaks.

They make good tanks if you know what you're doing. Paladin buff helps A TON. And of course so does Glow Pot and HP Potion. Right now, I see it like this...since Warriors get the most amp (80%-100%) they are the best tanks for mage characters. Any boss that is pure physical hits, can be tanked by Warrior or Paladin or even a great geared mage with HP Pot and Glow pot. (1.2k Armor+)

Also, clerics spamming heal helps 100000%.

Awesome thank you for the input.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]