View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Barb Build 
I'm playing around with a Barb, almost lvl 16 so 20 soon. What are the best places to hunt up to 50? recommended gear? skills? stats?

so far i'm going xx-31-20-12-12 after shrines

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Pretty good build, from there when you hit the Str cap for diminishing returns, you can either pump agil for a more pvp/pve hybrid, or more cons for a PvE machine.
Personally I dont like PvP hybrids because you'll still suck unless youre full PvP build so I just go PvE and Respec.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:25 pm
Bert wrote:
Pretty good build, from there when you hit the Str cap for diminishing returns, you can either pump agil for a more pvp/pve hybrid, or more cons for a PvE machine.
Personally I dont like PvP hybrids because you'll still suck unless youre full PvP build so I just go PvE and Respec.

awesome, thanks!!! Any recommendation on rings that are best in class?

I was thinking of all VM's most likely, however might want to throw in fig rings if it makes sense. I've never played a fig, so i'm not sure how the Rage and other stats really stack up in hunting. I don't care about PVP until I get higher lvl.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:05 am

You can't really go wrong with 6 VMs on a barb (unless you need more MP base). But to be honest, I'd just get a 12 mp helm even with no HP and do another VM.

However, if you want to go more damage oriented (and it won't be a big diff, just a tiny bit more) you can use some fig rings. They only really help with Fragor from spin until you get a master fig or warrior rings.

For ring props, focus on AMP and HP (again, you can sub a cheaper MP ring if you need more base) up until about item level 70 (master fig), then AC is huge for you since it will help against those pesky melee hits, and you should have a ton of HP and AMP by then.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]