View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Low level wiz help 

Hi all old school player returning after a massive gap in playing. I'm currently trying to level a wiz and I'm level 20 but struggling with most areas. I feel like I should be able to hunt isle at my level but on budget gear I'm unable to do so. What can I do to increase my survivability I can't do East dungeon or Isle mainly because calvs destroy me I've invested most points into int at the moment and wis with a few in cons. How am I supposed to deal with these spots as I feel like the glassiest of cannons.

Is there a quest where I can potentially get a spirit mace or something for duel steals?

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:36 am

You won’t be able to do east or good isle until you get closer to 23-25.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10866

— EJ Thayer

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:39 am

I did look at those guides and I'm just levelling mainly on hellhound task at the moment as step after hellhounds put me off because its got calvl which will kick my arse regardless. If its not build specific and just mainly level I'll try myst wall ds later

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:52 am

Hunting will get a little easier when you can wear a vis med ring. If you can get enough hp steal the mystic wall DS should be the best place. Mages don’t have much hp steal early game. You have to stack heal on hit in the early levels

Stat wise you should be mainly all intel. Splash some cons in there and whatever the wisdom requirements are for staffs and wands.

Skills - resist fire is good at low levels. You should be going mainly energy devotion for leveling.

Find a dual steal spec mace and use some animus rings for extra mp regen.

— EJ Thayer

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]