View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Returning Player with a few questions 

So I recently re-installed after a good ~5 year hiatus.

I restored an account with a level 40 warlock. Needless to say I have some questions.

1. Areas I used to level at, mainly Vel Imps, seem to be a lot tougher now. I used to be able to tank a good amount of damage, and while I can still hunt there, I noticed I have to keep a closer eye on my HP. Were some areas revamped to be tougher?

2. Power... I have what seem to be okay stats. Maybe a little heavy on Constitution, but my Intel is high for a level 40 (I sacrificed some Wis). I seem to be pretty weak as far as damage output goes, even though my Shadow bonus is at 50%. I'm fairly certain I have sub-standard gear, so is the only way to be stronger at my current level by farming plat and buying the best propped gear I can find in Cons? Are there any Found Items areas that give decent NDNT gear for level 40?

3. Runes seem to be a pretty new addition. Anyone have a handle on how they actually work?

Any help is appreciated, although not expected. I realize the "old way" of finding this stuff out is by playing and testing and exploring. I just don't have as much time as I used to for gaming these days.

Thanks for reading!

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:12 pm

So I recently came back after a 6 year hiatus and can really only provide some help with the leveling question. When I came back I was level 43 and I did 43 to 50 at black spiders in ds and it was cake walk for how much exp I was getting. I don’t think there is any “found items” spots in the 40-50 range but I could very well be wrong. I highly suggest checking out Quickbeams leveling guide (easily found via google search) as it still seems to be highly relevant when it comes to what level range for what leveling spots as I also remember getting wrecked trying to level at places that I remembered from when I last played. I have yet to fully understand runes but I think that will come with time. When it comes to your stats as a warlock maybe try joining the discord to ask there. I’ve asked a few questions there and have gotten some answers rather quickly.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 am

Thanks for the info!

I've actually learned a lot in the past couple days. I did find Quickbeam's guides and he's doing the lord's work (as far as Xenimus goes lol).

I had forgotten that my leveling spots were actually tough the last time I played as well. Once I kept pushing on, I realized that old muscle memory was coming back (2 Star Tabes... etc.)

I'll have to check out the discord as well.

GL bro!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:39 pm

40-50 u won't really find any spots with FI but once ur 60 you'll find a few for sure.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]