View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Stat Allocation Diminishing Returns? (Int) 

I have 33 INT on my Lvl 12 Warlock

When about to apply my LVL 13 stat point to INT the tool tip read "INT +0.5 Base Magic Power +3"

Is the tool tip indicating this point would only be worth 1/2 a point of intelligence? Should I expect continued diminishing returns and does this apply to all stats?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 pm

I discovered a Stat Balance Update, circa 2015

"I added a system to make diminishing returns on stats so that people who stack all their points into one thing like strength or intelligence will start to see each point be worth less and less. I added a mouse over text box when adding the points so you can see how much each one is worth."

Can anyone give me some insight on how close I need to keep things to prevent the diminishing returns?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Basically since EJ removed secondary effects from other non-main stats (min WIS for read, STR reqs for armor, etc.), those diminishing returns don't even matter. You still just want to pump all your points into CONS/INT and max your main damage source skill as it raises despite the diminishing.

The old system was better designed because it actually incentivized not just pumping into main stats to max and to spread points around to wear better gear and get higher max skills, but I don't think EJ realized this at the time he made those changes.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]