View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 amazing games that didnt require graphics 

That's just not true as already displayed above. Lots of games are being very badly received that have very high end graphics, even Destiny 2 which has amazing graphics has a massive problem with gameplay and content which it's(or more accurately its consumers) paying for. Graphics most definitely do not make up for lack of play.

Then on the other end you have got Stardew Valley which has more oldschool nintendo-like graphics has been amazingly received and made another indie solo developer a millionaire, being ported over to all different consoles including just now the Nintendo Switch, possibly even looking at a physical release.

In terms of graphics It's about creating a fitting atmosphere.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm
[quote="Xen101"]But it being 2017.. ALOT or a MAJORITY of people prefer looks because they are all building these crazy rigs.

Graphics make up for lack of play.. lack of graphics is filled with content..[/quote]

is that the kind of shallow thinking you have when pickup woman?

i mean when i have one night stands that kind of thinking MIGHT work if im drunk enough to not care about personality/intellect
but i usually end up regretting in... the night afterwards

but anytime i look for a longterm relationship there Definently has to be something more than just a good looking case...

no wonder the gaming industry is going to hell if people actually are thinking the way you are
and no wonder half of the marriages dont work out...

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pm

What? lmao how did you go from video games to women? Two completely different categories..

Destiny 2 is a great example of my point.. they are praying that their graphics sucks in the crowd over their game play.. while stardew has hardly any graphics and they have a lot of content...

I think you misread what I said.

phpBB [video]

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Wut? You said graphics make up for lack of play, whilst Destiny is a direct example against that, not for it, lol.

Xen101 wrote:
Graphics make up for lack of play

Anyways you're not getting this, as you say Stardew has hardly any graphics, my point is that people absolutely adore and love the graphics. Again it's about atmosphere and a fitting style.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:09 pm
destiny 2 was actually pretty darn good but this is RARE among high graphic games
ive had fun on it sofar but... i can count other good High graphic games released this year on 1 hand

Prey(cant stop giving these 2 games enough credit they are just superb)
Nier Automata(cant stop giving these 2 games enough credit they are just superb)

Destiny 2
mass effect andromeda
The Surge

2 amazing games, 3 decent games ... released for pc in the past 2years

that is a very bad number

the biggest problem with graphic games are...

they always get overhyped and are a big let down

from a financial standpoint that may be good but

consumers dont like it

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Destiny 2 is not good.. its just an expansion of part 1.. but we might have different tastes.

That is very true Shabam.. that play should've been content.. excuse that.

phpBB [video]

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm
[quote="Shabam"]Wut? You said graphics make up for lack of play, whilst Destiny is a direct example against that, not for it, lol.

[quote="Xen101"]Graphics make up for lack of play[/quote]

Anyways you're not getting this, as you say Stardew has hardly any graphics, my point is that people absolutely adore and love the graphics. Again it's about atmosphere and a fitting style.[/quote]

precisely

and this is where ejs new models alienate players

while they may be higher poly count and Look better on paper and upclose they actually arent

since it just feels "off" from what it should be

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm
[quote="Xen101"]Destiny 2 is not good.. its just an expansion of part 1.. but we might have different tastes.

That is very true Shabam.. that play should've been content.. excuse that.[/quote]

yea and destiny 1 was amazing best incorporation of Shooter/rpg/mmo ive seen sofar except for the fact that it was released only on console

i cant stand shooters on consoles but another personal opinion of mine anyways

destiny 2 did all destiny 1 did but also released it for PC which is where it really should have been all along(if you ask me anyways)

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 pm
To summarize:
-games can still be great in 2017 even with poor graphics.
-Xenimus is never going to be able to compete or attract players using graphics

= EJ should focus on game mechanics rather than graphics...

The funny point is I know a lot of people who loved Xenimus retro look prerestructure whereas I dont really know anyone who says they love the current look...

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:04 pm

The brutal doom mod is fuckin awesome if you never tried that out. It can run on a damn potato so any computer should do.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next