View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 50-0 

Floyd is officially the best fighter to ever step in the ring. Conor had no chance LOL I hope that loss taught him a lesson :lol:

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 am

Irish wrote:
Floyd is officially the best fighter to ever step in the ring. Conor had no chance LOL I hope that loss taught him a lesson :lol:

Bet Mayweather would NEVER have the balls to fight him in the ufc ring though.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am
Loki wrote:
Irish wrote:

gotta agree here lol, the fight would of been over quickly in UFC rules lol so cant really say best "fighter" maybe best boxer, but even then mcgregor held his own just gassed out which he is known for lol

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Ya ofc mcgregor would probably beat him in the UFC lol. I did mean to say boxer, my bad.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Loki wrote:
Irish wrote:

Of course.. That would be silly.. MMA teaches you how to punch(Box). Boxing does not teach you how to kick or grapple.

phpBB [video]

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm
and watching it on tv/streams teaches you neither...

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:14 am

Lmao. Floyd played with him for the first 3-5 rounds LOL. I loved it. You could tell Mcgregor was nervous lmao... not used to that spectacle. He gets credit tho for trying

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 am
Irish wrote:
Lmao. Floyd played with him for the first 3-5 rounds LOL. I loved it. You could tell Mcgregor was nervous lmao... not used to that spectacle. He gets credit tho for trying

thought he looked good early on, his angles were good his jabs were fast and sharp, just his cardio wasn't where it needed to be and u could see him already start to slow down i think in the 4th or 5th(cant remember it perfectly), his jabs were getting lazier his defense started slowing down then mayweather started taking over.

not sure if mayweather was just letting mcgregor gas out at start (he did take a few nice hits) or if he needed the time to figure out mcgregors angles.

but i mean mcgregor did look better than i thought he would for aslong as he lasted. i mean MMA boxing and normal Boxing are very different so making the transition to boxing rules has got to be hard, you could tell from the hammer fists he was starting to land that are illegal in boxing, would imagine that has to slow down your fighting tactics always having to rething the rules of the fight before you do stuff because more stuff isnt allowing in boxing.

personally im more of an MMA fan loved training it and love watching it, but do enjoy some boxers(Vasyl Lomenchenko probably the only boxer i actually try to watch every fight for.)

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Ya hes a bad dude. Connor wouldnt spar with him LOL

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Best boxer is far from the truth, many greater fighters such as Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, Rocky etc.. Floyd is a pretty smart fighter though... Hate the comments saying that "McGregor would beat him in the octagon, Mayweather would never step into his world".... McGregor asked for this fight.. He asked to step in his world.. Mayweather is not that ignorant.. Even though I believe this fight was just for the $$$ and that vegas would've never let Mayweather lose because of how crazy of a payout it would have been.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]