View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Headphones review Sennheiser 650HD 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 1641
so after using these for a few days
i can say they are nice comfy dont have the issue Closed headphones do aka sweaty ears

sounds very good

BIG BONUS detachable Cables so you can easily change them incase one gets damaged

well worth the 300bucks
also worth mentioning u will arguably need a Soundcard/amp to get the most out of them

im running them with ASUS Xonar U7

one thing to note Make sure u have High quality audio files
Il rate them at 8/10

missing 2 points due to price and well being headphones

but if u want speakers with equal sound quality your looking at up towards 600-1000bucks

_________________
how underpowerd melees really are
what happends when a melee faces a mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s


Last edited by Anthrax on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm
Posts: 1818
$300 for headphones ? Definitely not worth it. You don't even require it that much.

Look at the Hz and other info on those headsets. They are always usually the same as the cheaper ones. The only advantage is the insulation, which are clearly sweating your ears.

_________________
Xen101 for Admin!
Check out the Stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/sykonetic for World Design stuff!


Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 1641
ive had several headphones in the past

but these are the first ones(besides the 599hd which i had a long time ago)
i can wear comfortably without the Pads touching my ears etc
it actually doesnt feel like im wearing a headset in that sense

and alot of other headphones/head sets for example

Logitech G35 get Toasty as f**k due to them being closed
padding stickin to the ears making it itch etc


what im saying is i didnt mind spending 300bucks on them

can u get cheaper ones? yes most definently

but its the modularity i like easily being able to Change the headphone pads, headphone cable, being good all around

if you like me dont have a issue with money it is worth spending that Premium for the extra quality
not just sound but the other gimmicks like easily removable Cables, earpads etc



my old headsets what almost alwars breaks first on them are

Paddings, cables


and by the way the avrage human hearing ability is between 20-20000hz
these can produce from 10 - 39.500 Hz

_________________
how underpowerd melees really are
what happends when a melee faces a mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s


Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm
Posts: 1785
Location: U.S.A.
Overpriced. Stop blowing your tax money

_________________
EJThayer wrote:
Seems like a good idea to help with that is to have NDNT versions of gear be less powerful than tradable versions.


Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm
Posts: 1818
I get it. If you have the money.. it STILL isn't worth it. The value of price to use isn't worth it. Any headset can provide that clarity.. but if its for comfort.. i guess it can be.

_________________
Xen101 for Admin!
Check out the Stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/sykonetic for World Design stuff!


Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 1641
Xen101 wrote:
I get it. If you have the money.. it STILL isn't worth it. The value of price to use isn't worth it. Any headset can provide that clarity.. but if its for comfort.. i guess it can be.



yes true the Price per performance isnt the highest
but thats how it is with everything tech wise more or less
look at CPU's GPU's
Intels 6950x best CPU they have out there atm is it the best yes
but is it the best Performance/price? arguably not as it costs 1700dollars and u can get close
with one costing half that price
look at Titan X pascal that was released 9months ago? at a 1200dollar premium
more then twice as expensive as 1080

if you want high quality and costumization you will have to pay a premium

now these headphones will last me years several years
as i can easily exchange parts that break
with most other headphones/headsets if cord breaks
or if something else breaks

its usually buy a entire new headphones
so my old headphones G35 turned crappy in about 1.5 years
cord got damaged, pads were broken etc
that headset cost me 100bux

meanwhile i can just replace those part for a fraction of the cost of new headphones

so in the lifetime of these headphones my last sennheiser lasted me 10years due to being able to change the cord



things i find worthwhile spending money on are things that will last
a good quality 5.1/7.1 surround system hell a good surround system will last your entire life if your not an idiot
Good quality/comfort headphones
good quality Chair that will last years(instead of those 50-100bux ones that break in 8months)

things that dont get massive upgrades every year


but very true after awhile you reach a point of diminishing returns
where spending more money is just that spending more money

_________________
how underpowerd melees really are
what happends when a melee faces a mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s


Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:06 pm
Posts: 526
They look well built and seem to have good reviews. Probably more than I would spend on headphones - but I don't like wearing them.


Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:17 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:37 pm
Posts: 5
Headphone prices are hard to justify to others until they listen to high end headphones fed from a high end system. Even then it may be hard. The hd650s are a very nice headphone that has stood the test of time for a relatively old model.

With the hd650s even when a driver breaks you can order a new matching pair from Senn at a lower cost than buying a new pair.

I agree with what Anthrax has mostly said but to deduct a point from his rating for a headphone for being a headphone??? And a similar priced speaker virtually always sounds better than a similar price headphone? My opinion is that it's the opposite. This comes from someone who started with upgrading from stock earphones from apple and slowly upgraded to a flagship model. I currently have the Beyerdynamic T1, with a dac and amp each costing about the same. I have had cheap 5 dollar speakers up to similar costing speakers as my T1s. Obviously you can get a crap pair of speakers for 200 but you can say the same for headphones. But if you were given x amount of money and told to buy the best headphones you can vs best speakers you can, speakers usually will be better sounding.

I guess what I am saying is that headphones/audio stuff can become a hobby and can be an expensive one that others don't understand the appeal to. It's like any other hobby. I don't understand why people spend thousands on golf clubs when you can get a set on Kijiji for 20 bucks. Sure the quality might be better but I can still hit the ball and do basically everything that the expensive set of clubs do but it's a hobby and something that brings enjoyment. So who are we to judge where other's money is spent and if you think that value is justified. Value is subjective and can depend on situations we don't know.

Anthrax - pretty sure you already know but get FLAC files. And if using windows I suggest the player foobar2k with a wasapi plugin. Also if you want a good equalizer, I liked equalizer apo with the peace GUI. It's a system wide equalizer so it will affect everything from YouTube to your audio player.


Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm
Posts: 1785
Location: U.S.A.
$300 just so he can Skype 911 when he's getting owned. Lol. Dren.

_________________
EJThayer wrote:
Seems like a good idea to help with that is to have NDNT versions of gear be less powerful than tradable versions.


Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am
Posts: 1641
sodium stearate wrote:
Headphone prices are hard to justify to others until they listen to high end headphones fed from a high end system. Even then it may be hard. The hd650s are a very nice headphone that has stood the test of time for a relatively old model.

With the hd650s even when a driver breaks you can order a new matching pair from Senn at a lower cost than buying a new pair.

I agree with what Anthrax has mostly said but to deduct a point from his rating for a headphone for being a headphone??? And a similar priced speaker virtually always sounds better than a similar price headphone? My opinion is that it's the opposite. This comes from someone who started with upgrading from stock earphones from apple and slowly upgraded to a flagship model. I currently have the Beyerdynamic T1, with a dac and amp each costing about the same. I have had cheap 5 dollar speakers up to similar costing speakers as my T1s. Obviously you can get a crap pair of speakers for 200 but you can say the same for headphones. But if you were given x amount of money and told to buy the best headphones you can vs best speakers you can, speakers usually will be better sounding.

I guess what I am saying is that headphones/audio stuff can become a hobby and can be an expensive one that others don't understand the appeal to. It's like any other hobby. I don't understand why people spend thousands on golf clubs when you can get a set on Kijiji for 20 bucks. Sure the quality might be better but I can still hit the ball and do basically everything that the expensive set of clubs do but it's a hobby and something that brings enjoyment. So who are we to judge where other's money is spent and if you think that value is justified. Value is subjective and can depend on situations we don't know.

Anthrax - pretty sure you already know but get FLAC files. And if using windows I suggest the player foobar2k with a wasapi plugin. Also if you want a good equalizer, I liked equalizer apo with the peace GUI. It's a system wide equalizer so it will affect everything from YouTube to your audio player.


thanks for the tips

and yea you are very right about what you say

from my personal experience ive had more Clarity from headphones vs speakers in similar price range
meanwhile the speakers usually have better bass

and in all honesty the 650hd arent really expensive compared to some of the High-fidelty headphones
like sennheiser HD800 1399dollar


but if someone wants very good sound and a cheap price tag
i can recommend Sennheiser hd 599 around 150bucks

_________________
how underpowerd melees really are
what happends when a melee faces a mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s


Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.