View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Rocket League! 

Anyone play? I'm on PS4 and although not terribly good (sit right around upper prospect elite/low challenger 1), I'd enjoy having some folks I know to play with.

For anyone not familiar with it, its basically a Soccer game that uses rocket powered cars as players, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. Its a really high skill cap game thats fast and thrilling and is also an up and coming eSport.

Here is a quick review of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SFPAjba2M

Here is a match between some of the top pro players (compare to footage in the "review"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbuBAgMDeQ

Edit: my PSN tag is Liv3vil1934 (i think will verify)

Feel free to add me even if you dont have RL.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:50 pm

I hate having to switch pages for videos so
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Omg this looks nuts wtf is going on looks like a hoot and a half

Makers must of been high making something like this cars are jumping and ramming a ball that explodes in the goal

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:15 pm

HyDrAdAnCe wrote:
Omg this looks nuts wtf is going on looks like a hoot and a half

Makers must of been high making something like this cars are jumping and ramming a ball that explodes in the goal

It's pretty epic lol, I end up laughing out loud a lot as I go flying past the ball in a giant wiff, or if someone else does. I seem to be in an odd spot where I'm better than people of my rank, but not quite good enough to break into the next rank, which means I get a lot of opportunity to try "fancier" things that most people my rank don't. Sometimes it works, sometimes I go flying into the goal with the ball at midfield lol. It's even pretty fun to watch imo. My gal hates playing but she'll watch tournies with me and has a favorite team lol.

IIRC it's like $20 or something from PSN and steam, and allows cross platform play, but not cross platform parties.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:42 pm
I used to play it a little, haven't touched it in forever though, not since it basically first came out on PS4. My gamertag is Velislide, add me and maybe I'll use my ps4 for once, and play a few games, lol.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:02 pm

will do, yeah I felt a bit bad at first when my parents bought me the ps4 for christmas lol. I didnt use it much. Hopped on the Star Wars bandwagon for a while, and while its a great game, there just isnt enough content in multiplayer so it got old kinda quick. But Rocket League keeps my interest pretty well.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]