View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Small Business Ideas! (Journal) 
If you were able to start a small business with a budget around $1000 out of your home to start off with what kind of business would you start? Just brainstorming some entrepreneur ideas.

Last edited by Naked Lizard on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 am
I have my own personal painting business. Any small trade like that could be a good place to start (not ALL trades are created equal in terms of budgets).

What kind of skills do you have? What kind of interests?

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 pm
stock trading

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:06 pm

stock trading with only 1k, is a good way to lose that 1k, even with a ton of training.

I'd do something towards your hobbies like lester said. if you like computers, rebuild computers. if you like gfx design, create logos for other businesses and use your 1k to buy a website and all the software/upgrades to pc.

if you do like stock trading i very highly suggest getting more capital to start, you may also want to check investopedia.com a few friends and I used to do 3 month sessions on that and see who could turn either 1k, 5k, or 10k into the most by the end.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Food truck. go go

Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:07 am
It takes a lot of capital for a business to take off unless you are an artist. You could like make a youtube channel about something you are passionate about. Usually you need a good camera, good audio, and a good personality to make it work though.

Here is an example. This is one guy, a camera, and him being funny while cooking. He makes a video a week and they tend to get about 250k-1 mil views, as far as I am aware thats somewhere between 250-1k dollars per video. I was told previously that people get about 1 dollar per 1000 views, but some channels get more and it depends what ads you show before your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCekQr9 ... xBo3YiLq2w

The only other option is what Loki said. I'm actually very passionate about stock trading, but Bert was right. You probably need more money to start off with. When people have lower amounts in their trading account they tend to get riskier and probably will lose most of it. Options are the way to get rich quick but you can lose all your invested capital very quickly.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:13 am

Merchums, have you ever used the investopedia sim site? We had a work group that did that a lot. Was like 20$ per person and see who made the most out of our fake 10k at the end of 3-6 months. Taught me a lot, however I'm still extremely rookie.

I've found the best bets are like short in and outs, around 2-3 months time. But my real money I do that with is like 5K and I'll only usually make like 10-20% or scratch even.

Still hard to do with such low capital cuz I'm restricted in what I buy. I try to stick around 10-30$ a share. I usually also cut with my profit quick and the commission makes it to where I've only actually profited about 2k in a year lol. Still fun

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:27 pm
I decided to sell drugs, worked very well for a while, hated looking over my shoulder so I quit, put some money away for future tuition and bought a TV & a PS4, now I'm waiting tables, getting ready to start college in the Fall. I was thinking about a Food Truck, writing a business plan for it, I grew up eating daily at the local taco truck, but I doubt I could cook tacos good enough to compete, maybe I should look into sandwiches and stuff! and I am VERY passionate (and extremely good) for Call of Duty and have always wanted to make a game channel, just never had the guts or the proper experience to start one. Going into school for diagnostic medicine at Ohio State.

(Going to turn this into my journal kind of like Xentales had if thats okay)

P.S. : I am not supporting selling drugs at all, just hit a rough spot.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Having been there, I'm glad to here you've stopped. I know the money can be alluring (250k in my bank at 18), but it's definitely not worth it and it's all gone when they catch you.

As for a food truck, that's a great idea. If you decide on it, try to do something unique. In Nashville we have tons of taco trucks, but one of the most popular food trucks is the grilled cheese one. My suggestion is to try and use radio to do things. Pay attention to where their little shin digs are or go to a station and see if you can be a truck at one of the things they do.

If you ever need to talk to someone about the drug thing feel free to pm me. I've been there and had a ton of friends that are now in prison, and a few dead.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]