View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Automatically Prompt UAC for Windows 8.1 Users 

Downloaded Xenimus to start playing again.

Using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit, when I double click the Xenimus.exe icon it fails to start and I get the error message in the pic.

If I run as Administrator, UAC pops up and I say yes and I'm good.

Is there a way to make it more user friendly so users can just double click xenimus.exe and automatically be prompted for UAC instead of Right-Click Run as Admin.

I almost thought Xenimus didn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/SFwgA8a.jpg

Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 am

I started getting the same thing once i bought aNother computer

Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 pm
Site Admin

Try right clicking the exe in the Xenimus folder and find the option to run as administrator.

Fri May 18, 2018 1:27 pm

As you can see in the picture, in the bottom left, I'm already aware of running it in Admin mode. I'm already aware I can go to the directory and right-click run as Admin.

I'm asking, that it automatically prompts the users. My real concern here is that not everyone is computer savy and is going to do what I did and what you suggested EJ.

Can you make it prompt for UAC without the need for a right click run as Admin? Right now, if you double click it, it will crash and a new player probably isn't expecting that.

Sorry if I said that weird, I know how to open the game, my concern is that someone just double clicking the game and seeing it crash on them will lead them to believe it doesn't work.

Top left of the picture: Xenimus crashes until you right-click run as admin, just thought I'd ask if it could prompt for UAC automatically so people who download the game for the first time don't get the wrong impression.

Thanks for the reply, sorry I couldn't clearly state my concern.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]