View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Ever Popular Beam/Attack Combo 

Is this a bug or working as intended?

If its working as a function to increase difficulty, i can deal with that.

But if its not meant to be, im going to try help get this fixed.

I have noticed, its only occurring in non trans zones, its only happening from mobs who beam then attack with a bite or staff hit.
They action delay seems extremely low, as the combo is acted out super quick. If the monsters strong enough say level 110+, it can trigger the combo and down 2 people stood next to each other in an instant, almuses and all.

Now i know the AI of most monsters in game target you directly and run towards you. Some mage type monsters like isle adepts, they beam you abit walk towards you with staff raised for a hit and then can trans about. I think this transing/beaming/retargeting AI may have some influence on the combo.

Maybe new AI could be an interesting way to add some more creativity to xen. Like the Roaming monsters, i love that AI. Fixed position monsters like theifs in old ds.

Last edited by Charles Martel on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm

yeah ej spoke of this before. I made a post with a perfect video showing it happen but that was so long ago I deleted the old photobucket a long time ago so its removed but the post is still here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5040

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

EJ has known and acknowledged this over a year ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Don't think he will be doing it anytime soon.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Would love to see this fixed. Particularly harms melees as we are forced to fight close range and cannot use skells.

Another good place to test is crons lair. Volcs will do 20% a beam and 80% with staff beam

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]