View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 X2 ranger bow conspiracy! 

So I've been experimenting on my x2 ranger 20+ Keeping everything the same except switching bows.

Findings
With a fire bow(dmg11-16) props= +5% shot Dmg. It takes two arrows to kill a stone elemental
With a long bow(dmg2-4)props = exploding arrows. It takes 1 shot to kill a stone elemental

If this is intended sure, whatever, but it doesn't make sense that we would have better dmg with a bow
That is less than half the dmg of the fire bow.

The long bow doesn't even simulate exploding arrows,
so I'm not even sure why this prop exists on such a low item.

Just trying to understand the mechanics. Intended or not? Who knows?

Sun May 14, 2017 6:41 am

If i remember right the explode on low lvl bows does the damage but not the aoe of it so you still get the damage but only on the one it hits.

Sun May 28, 2017 3:58 am

even if that is so a lower level item should not double your damage or be that big of a difference. maybe the damage of exploding needs to be adjusted on lower items so its not to much.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 pm

have to remember that much like players,monsters have certain resistances/weaknesses. Example: at level 7-8 a dark paladin i have can kill trolls faster with his basic fire spell than he can slogging melee with them. why??? simple,bc trolls are weak to fire...

this is even more so with super prop fire staff. I would argue broken or unbalanced when a newbie melee's best weapon choice is a mage weapon over any of the 20 or so totally worthless swords/axes/halberds/etc..... but the point being that it's all ridiculously gear-dependent now even from square one,and the buffs/resistances/vulnerabilities matter even moreso than what your actually swinging/shooting in all cases where he hasnt intentionally nerfed one or another... (dual steal HP/MP used to rock at low levels especially,now it's pretty worthless)

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]