View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wand Damage? 

Is the wands damage (beam/hit) based on something other then what its stats are? I havent tested with a spirit wand, but with a dirus wand if i use it to beam/hit a mob it does almost no damage. The dirus wand claims it has 322-461 damage. For comparison, if i use a spirit mace, which only has 191-274 damage, i am able to kill some mobs in 1-2 hits. But those same mobs may end up taking 8+ beams/hits from the wand.

So am i missing something here? Is the damage on the wand have no correlation to its actual attack/hit damage? Any time i have the wand equipped i get annoyed if i accidentally click on a mob, because i cant do any other attacks while its doing the beam, and the beam is so weak that its just a complete waste of time. If it actually hurt the mob and did the correct damage then it might not be as annoying. But i just cant understand why it is so weak.

(incase you mis-understood any of this, im not talking about spells. Im talking about the beam that the wand creates when you click on someone/something).

Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 am

The wand damage has been broken for a while, its pathetically weak unfortunately. Hopefully Ej will see this and reply.

Wed May 25, 2016 12:04 pm

When i got my sp wand at like lvl 50 sometimes it wouldn't kill the imps around t1, it does now that im 61 but it didn't before and i cant show a video now unless i get one for my lock.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:53 pm

This has been the case for well over a year. I can't remember the last time a wand did decent damage. It's purpose is mainly more of an offhand than a weapon because the builtins are the only advantage. Back in the day you could actually use them incase you ran out of mp but not anymore, would be awesome if EJ would look into fixing this issue!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:35 pm
Site Admin

Actually I was thinking of making wands have some other ability not related to attacking at all. Maybe a buff that you can only get from a wand or other off hand item.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:54 pm

ejthayer wrote:
Actually I was thinking of making wands have some other ability not related to attacking at all. Maybe a buff that you can only get from a wand or other off hand item.

I think that the wand +shield combo is already super tank enough. When you originally upgrasde staves and removed them from wiz/warlock, you gave staves the prop "armor spell bonus" so that staves could compete with the power of shield + wand. Well nowadays all the shields can get the prop "+10% armor spell bonus" and even wands get it, it's already powerful enough and I personally do not think that shield+ wand combos need MORE buffs. They are pretty much tanks (due to HIGH shield Armor count)

My opinion, I would LOVE to see the wand beam (the beam that occurs when you click the wand at an npc/player) go back to doing decent damage. It could maybe do 75% of the players actual damage.
So if a players beam or fire ventus main spell does 2k damage, the wand beam could do 1.5k damage. Wands and their wand beams used to be a great way to save potions doing bosses, although they cause aggro.

Also the strongest buff in game is already on a wand. The adept wand. +3 levels is huge.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:23 pm

I agree with Loki on the +3 levels buff, and that armor spell bonus should not be on wands.
I disagree with Loki that Wand+Shield are already super tank, its equal or slightly less than the egg buff wiz/locks get.

I think it'd be really cool to have wands give a sort of Unique buff, but it would definitely need to be carefully considered. IMO the more variety and build options the better. In the meantime though, wand damage could definitely use some help, so either path is fine with me.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 pm

The Wands can do some buffs but not armor or magic resistance type of buffs. Something unique.
Ideas:
Spirit wand can give a 5% bonus Mp for like 3 minutes (cooldown time is 5 minutes)
Dirus wand can double you're movement speed for 20 seconds (cooldown time is 1 minute)
Super Dirus wand can give a 2% cast and attack speed for 2 minutes (cooldown time is 5 minutes)
Crons Tail wand can give a 5% regen Hp and Mp for 2 minutes (cooldown time is 5 minutes)
Adept wand can give a 25% bonus in all healing spells for 2 minutes (cooldown time is 10 minutes)

These are only ideas that would need to be carefully tweaked around to balance it.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:00 pm

ejthayer wrote:

this would be awesome, each wand could have a different buff, maybe make it useful for raids.

Sp wand - Increases Spirit/Energy damage 5% 2 min cooldown, lasts 2 min (mostly used for caster obviouslly)
Dirus wand - Increases Amp or AMD by 5 2 min cooldown, lasts 2 min
ZonRin Tail wand - Increases fire damage 5% 2 min cooldown, lasts 2 mins
Adept Wand - Increases AMD damage by 10 2 min cooldown, lasts 2 min

Super version of the wands would be 7 or 7% accordingly. Just an idea, as it would make bringing druids and clerics to raids more useful. Maybe the effect is for the entire link, or just a single unit (or up to 5?)

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 am

adept wand doesnt need a buff. +3 is the best thing in the game and makes mages op because of it.

ej should remove that +3 levels if he wants to make wands work differently.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next