View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mouse Acceleration 
I did some testing.

My mouse is 100% PERFECT when in windowed mode.

When I change to full screen mode, that's when it gets wonky.

I found a repeatable test I'm able to do. When I move my mouse to the center of my screen, and do small circles in the center of the screen, the circle will slowly drive to one of the corners of the screen, despite moving in a consistent circle.

This does not happen in windowed mode, for me. One thing to note, my windowed mode looks 4:3 while full screen is 16:9.

I'm willing to provide any dump of info, a video, etc. Just let me know what would be of use EJ.

- Kat

Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:40 pm

I read that post too and it seemed a bit harsh. While I don't disagree with you on the mouse issue, he's pretty busy, and harsh remarks don't make anyone want to look for something.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:44 am
Bert wrote:
I read that post too and it seemed a bit harsh. While I don't disagree with you on the mouse issue, he's pretty busy, and harsh remarks don't make anyone want to look for something.

He likes to delete posts without any explanation, which is why my respect for this forum has hit beyond rock bottom. I watched from work yesterday as topic after topic was deleted. Some were asking questions, others were suggestions, but none had anything remotely offensive. EJ just thinks that deleting content people took the time to type up is "acceptable".

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm

I want to make note that I fixed this issue by playing in windowed mode. It's still not as smooth as I prefer but it seems there are other things in play here like after researching it seems in games or full screen applications your regular sense can clash with the mouse system implemented. There is some info out there to change your regular sens to a certain value so it doesn't clash. Goes over my head personally, not so clear cut as it may seem.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Im one of the few who prefer mouse acceleration in games, for the same reason I prefer it in the rest of the OS: move quickly = move at larger distances and move slowly = be more precise. I dont see why this should not apply in games, even FPS.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Quite simple really, accuracy. One of the first advice people usually getting more serious into a competitive FPS is to make sure mouse acceleration is turned off. Of course there are always exceptions and there are admittedly some great players who supposedly play with mouse acceleration turned on, but they're more like special snowflakes like people who play with up/down of mouse reverted.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2