View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 King quest not repeatable / NPC dialog 

Hi,

My King's quest is not repeatable. I only get the "I see you have done great things" text. I don't think its because my avg item level is too high (4 runes, 1 o plate, 1 d shield).

I'm wondering if its related to the fact that all the NPCs say 'Greetings Bob' which is not my character name. I'm assuming this is the default character name or a bug. Can DM me for more info.

Thank you!

Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:42 pm

Wealth has a permanent hard cap invisible value on your character and includes items in your stash you are not wearing and items you picked up or found via Found Items. If you could equip but just didn't it still affects your wealth. Seems as though you've maxed out your wealth already and can no longer do KQ.

If you're a warrior for example, getting wolf blades and sticking them in storage or holding onto them when the server refreshes Wealth calculations will still ding your wealth, but a wizard who cannot equip wolf blades will not have their wealth dinged. If you get repeat items (multiple of the same helmet, etc) it shouldn't affect your wealth value.

It's a bit confusing but Quickbeam's video of Quest attempts gives you a better idea of how it works.

The "Bob" thing is infact just the default name. There is an imp near T1 named Bob that NPC's will interact with if the game cannot retrieve a name to address for whatever reason. Often NPC's will have conversations with Bob all the way across the world because of the way EJ has coded their conversation dialogue. However, this has nothing to do with KQ or wealth.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]