View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Reminder of the Boards Rules 

Let me remind you guys of the location of the board rules.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3606

I recommend some quick reading of it... MAJOR emphasis on this particular rule

ejthayer wrote:
Rules for the official Xenimus message boards for all users.

* Don't accuse other players of things on the boards, send me and email and I will handle it.

If you feel some type of way towards a player. Message them.. Do not spread your toxicity further on the boards.

Thank you

phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 pm

So I unlocked this because obviously somethings need to change..

So with that being said let me note for you guys whats going to be happening to HOPEFULLY decrease the amount of trolling, antagonizing, and issues that happen on the boards.

From now on any sort of antagonizing that does NOT look like its for the sake of PVP, "trash" talking, or debating with a purpose will get you a one day ban. (1 day ban)

From now on any sort of name calling that seem for the sake of PVP, "trash" talking, or "funnies" (Example: When I use to be called Noobtune instead of Neptune) well get your a 2 week ban. It's getting ridiculous to think we are all OLD as hell and still calling others "No life" and other put down names. Keep SOME of that stuff IN GAME. (2 week ban)

The repeating of the SAME posts is going to result you in a 3 day ban. What this means is trying to get your point across by repeating the same stuff OVER AND OVER. (3 day Ban)

The accusations of Discord members. This one is ALSO getting old. If you do not want to use discord to communicate. That is ok. However, the accusing of changes from board members on Discord WILL stop. If there is an issue or you believe things are unfair. EMAIL EJ. This is going to result you on a 1 day ban.

If you have ANY issues with the rules. Email EJ.

I will open up the floor if anyone wants to bring anything up. HOWEVER, calling people out, spitting non-sense, or ANTAGONIZING is going to get your post deleted. Continue to do the same behavior, you will get a week ban. IF after your ban you have not learned to cooperate you will have your forum de-activated, ALL your POSTS DELETED and it will then have to be re-activated by EJ himself.

Thank you.

phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Would recommend pinning this post again so it stays topped.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 am

These are a welcomed changes if they are inforced properly.

Thanks!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Xen101 wrote:
From now on any sort of name calling that seem for the sake of PVP, "trash" talking, or "funnies"

Should this be "name calling that DOES NOT seem for the sake of PVP"?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Personally I think leaving the door open to certain kinds of banter just means there will be exceptions that will not be objective when it comes time to hand out discipline. No flaming at all would be prefered.

I've seen over a hundred topics derailed in the year or so I've been back on the forums of non-PVP related nonsense, including some of my own long posts now deleted without reason or warning, while those users who constantly repeat behavior listed here as bannable are still posting. These posts end up getting locked and deleted regardless of how honest the OP's post may have been due to other users dogpiling into the thread with bickering or flaming, and that should not be acceptable.

It may be of some benefit to look at other long running old-school forums and borrow some of their rules and guidelines. MMOChampion has been around about as long as Xenimus (2007) has and has their guidelines here, including details about the point system they use for infractions and bans, and a bunch of other stuff.

Check it out here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?fa ... nfractions

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:08 pm

I like these two rules.

Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k will only get your post/topic deleted.

Format your post (aka no "Wall of text"); paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 pm

I feel like this post is directed at somebody, but that somebody will be exempt from the rules lol

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 pm

I feel like a rule for blatant misinformation would be welcomed. It might be obvious to those that play the game when some people throw out blatant disinformation to muddy the water to confuse E.J. and those not as active in game. I often just ignore and skip over those posts, but if the intent is to have meaningful conversation that E.J. can make something of then some judgement should be made when someone is obviously trolling with misinformation trying to skirt the rules there by defeating the intent of the rules.

I have no problem with debate or two opposing opinions, but there is certainly a line where it becomes obvious trolling. I would point to the Recent Changes thread I made... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11357

There was some minor disagreements in opinions but at the heart of the topic most everyone agree'd. Until it was derailed completely, blatant false claims were made to steer the conversation away from the topic, and became a very long thread that E.J. is likely to skip over because of the number of posts that don't add any value to the topic at hand.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:15 am

Literally just pointed it out to you guys about this BS. Let that be a warning to both of you.

The next time, it WILL be a ban.

phpBB [video]

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]