View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cons Stat, Adjustments and Nerfs 

With the addition of the raid dungeons I'm not sure that nerfing gear is a good idea but maybe some of the lesser gear could get buffed. maybe give a few hp bonus to app mages (2%) mage rings could get (4%) so on and so forth. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to buff fighter type rings as well to compete with mage rings and adept rings.

If it was not for the raid dungeons i would say to bring the top gear down, but with how hard some of these dungeons can be (and mage specifically hunting) I think a buff of some lower gear would be more ideal.

But i think that class balance PVE (again mage hunting) should be a priority, with slow and subtle gear balance updates.

If i can find time I may come up with some ideas @ where to start. In my opinion of course.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:23 am

We just need to add hp on all fig rings = to what's on mage rings. Warrior rings same hp bonus as Adepts, same for super versions. Master mage has what 5 hp bonus? Master fig should have the same

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:15 am
Forum Moderator

Xen101 wrote:
This is my issue with matters like this. Cons needed an adjustment.. It gets one. People a DAY later complain it is too much. Instead of having us get other stats adjusted so that other things can be more balanced (like the Str Stat), we just get reverted or sometimes nerfed to what it was.

The health was a lot for PVP sure.. but there is a PvE aspect of this game that could've been useful for, and possibly future content. Instead of adjusting the damage to possibly be higher PER CLASS (not just as a whole).. it got "fixed".

Also, the adjustments should be individual to classes. A Wizard should never have the same amount of HP as a melee type if the cons stat matches. That doesn't make sense. If a warrior has 60 cons his health should double the mages. The mage obviously would ditch out damage sufficient enough that while the warrior type might have the health, the mage damage threatens him. The same can be said for every single class. If a squishy class decides to have very low cons, (the ranger for example) that class deals significant damage to threaten those with high health. That is the trade off. Low health, high damage. High health, low damage. I'm sure you get my point.

This is just going to have people revert back to their old builds of just high agility and Str. While cons stat remains the same. Hopefully with future adjustments we can have cons stat become useful. Because it DID make a difference when we added it yesterday.. 19 cons shouldn't even be REMOTELY close to 50 cons.. but I have a weird feeling it will end up that way.

The update added 500 cons to my wizard, that is with me having 55 cons and 87% additional hp. Certainly not overpowering.
4 level 70 characters with no gear on currently have:
Warrior 19 cons has 3149 with 2% pvp hp
Pally 46 cons has 3692 with 2% pvp hp
Wizard 55 cons has 2443 with 2% pvp hp
Cleric 50 cons has 2304 with 2% pvp hp

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 am

I'm not sure if you played during the Cons stat buff. I played a warlock and he ad 7099 HP yesterday at 60 cons.

Now, things are back to its usual form. Things dying in almost instantly in terms of PvP... however, the buff was FANTASTIC for PvE.. which is the issue people can't get past. It was great for PvE.. and thats what Xenimus is currently striving on. With MORE players.. MORE PvP will show up... but to get those players... we NEED better PvE..

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:37 am

agree with above post

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 am

Xen101 wrote:
I'm not sure if you played during the Cons stat buff. I played a warlock and he ad 7099 HP yesterday at 60 cons.

Now, things are back to its usual form. Things dying in almost instantly in terms of PvP... however, the buff was FANTASTIC for PvE.. which is the issue people can't get past. It was great for PvE.. and thats what Xenimus is currently striving on. With MORE players.. MORE PvP will show up... but to get those players... we NEED better PvE..

+1

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 am

I did not read the hole post but some.

I like the idea of melee getting high hp, all ej needs to do is lower MAge HP. and the game be more even in PVP.

mage hurts melee bad with more hp they can fight even now.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 am

then melees dont need to get 50-90% ALL MAGIC PROTECTION.

ONLY mages get resistance mastery so lets nerf melee AMP so they never get more than a mage with MASTERy in resists.

Melees already dominate the game in pve and pvp.

lets check pvp list again.

http://xenimus.com/pvpstats.aspx

Top 5 are melee then cloud is a max geared lock with 2-2 and then another melee. This week. Last week top 10 are melees except 1 player who is great gear wizard.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 am

Loki wrote:
then melees dont need to get 50-90% ALL MAGIC PROTECTION.

ONLY mages get resistance mastery so lets nerf melee AMP so they never get more than a mage with MASTERy in resists.

Melees already dominate the game in pve and pvp.

lets check pvp list again.

http://xenimus.com/pvpstats.aspx

Top 5 are melee then cloud is a max geared lock with 2-2 and then another melee. This week. Last week top 10 are melees except 1 player who is great gear wizard.

Don’t focus on the pvp board stats. I can kill alll the characters I can log into with a warlock and that doesn’t mean warlocks are good. Those don’t demonstrate if a class is good or not. They just show that a player is good at taking an enemy out.

Also, with players getting that amount of amp, you should not be dying to them. Those players have high cons stat. They will not be hitting you hard at all because they will be balancing cons/agil or cons/str because they need SOME sort of DPS. If anyone is dying to these builds. These enemy players might just be “too much” for you.

I would agree that you could hit pretty high amp on a super geared out melee type. But that would require a whole lot of time and a whole lot of propping to get a great amp set.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:19 pm
Site Admin

Well it seemed to have a larger affect than it should have so I want to study it more before putting it back in. If some people were loading up cons and got some good bonuses from that then maybe there was no real problem. I will look into it more.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next