View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cons Stat, Adjustments and Nerfs 

This is my issue with matters like this. Cons needed an adjustment.. It gets one. People a DAY later complain it is too much. Instead of having us get other stats adjusted so that other things can be more balanced (like the Str Stat), we just get reverted or sometimes nerfed to what it was.

The health was a lot for PVP sure.. but there is a PvE aspect of this game that could've been useful for, and possibly future content. Instead of adjusting the damage to possibly be higher PER CLASS (not just as a whole).. it got "fixed".

Also, the adjustments should be individual to classes. A Wizard should never have the same amount of HP as a melee type if the cons stat matches. That doesn't make sense. If a warrior has 60 cons his health should double the mages. The mage obviously would ditch out damage sufficient enough that while the warrior type might have the health, the mage damage threatens him. The same can be said for every single class. If a squishy class decides to have very low cons, (the ranger for example) that class deals significant damage to threaten those with high health. That is the trade off. Low health, high damage. High health, low damage. I'm sure you get my point.

This is just going to have people revert back to their old builds of just high agility and Str. While cons stat remains the same. Hopefully with future adjustments we can have cons stat become useful. Because it DID make a difference when we added it yesterday.. 19 cons shouldn't even be REMOTELY close to 50 cons.. but I have a weird feeling it will end up that way.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 pm

I agree that cons should be more important, and i myself prefer the PVE aspect of xenimus more and always build to be more tanky.

However, you and everyone else needs to stop with the "I'm a poor melee and mages have the same hp as me!" There is literally nothing I have noticed my Wizard being able to do better than a melee. Maybe it's cause I don't PVP, maybe it's cause I don't have full vexar like everyone else, but I can do everything on my paladin 5-6(sometimes more) levels sooner than I could on my Wizard.

It's a stat weight issue, not a class specific issue. Please be more constructive and less vindictive with your feedback.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

I also have several characters lvl 60-70 and the melee almost always does better (except maybe DD). If the mages can't have more hp then its my opinion they need a buff PVE. The hp boost allowed me to lvl in harder areas instead of bone staff warlocks on a lvl 67 wizard. Mages absolutely have the short end of the stick PVE late game.

Maybe mages could actually have stronger armor spells against PVE or areas that do lower damage that only mages can enter (maybe rangers to).

I do agree that the constitution build people were doing allowed to much HP but those with say 39-45 cons got a 600-1k hp boost which helped tons PVE. This was the case for my characters w/o hp pots anyway.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 pm

+1
I really want cons to be a bigger part of the game. Mages are not on par with melees...

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Moose wrote:
It's a stat weight issue, not a class specific issue. Please be more constructive and less vindictive with your feedback.

Excuse me for that. Wasn’t meant to be that way. My intention was that a mage and melee should not have comparable health. That’s how it currently sits in Xen.

I’d prefer to see the mages do more damage PVE wise than see health that’s equal just because the cons stat matches.

I wish stats had more diversity to see so that diminish returns weren’t a thing. But currently the game just wants to deal a crap ton of damage and 3 shot everything.

Also, the game isn’t all about PVP. Just because the health boost was annoying for pvp doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great update in terms of PVE. And it was a great update for PVE.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:31 pm

[quote="Xen101"][quote="Moose"]It's a stat weight issue, not a class specific issue. Please be more constructive and less vindictive with your feedback.[/quote]

Excuse me for that. Wasn’t meant to be that way. My intention was that a mage and melee should not have comparable health. That’s how it currently sits in Xen.

I’d prefer to see the mages do more damage PVE wise than see health that’s equal just because the cons stat matches.

I wish stats had more diversity to see so that diminish returns weren’t a thing. But currently the game just wants to deal a crap ton of damage and 3 shot everything.

Also, the game isn’t all about PVP. Just because the health boost was annoying for pvp doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great update in terms of PVE. And it was a great update for PVE.[/quote]

+1

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Yup my melee does things WAYYYY easier and faster than my mage.

-Fierce (sp run through mobs to Kill in a group of 4-10 mobs)

- level - hks/dks I'll get 2-5x exp over my mage again sp running groups of mobs

-Sp chest/70 chest pulls/random pull atempts - literally spirit run through dungeon. Same as above.

-Mini Bosses (non dd) - spirit run to end, kill boss in 30 seconds before the mage even gets there.

-buffs - a melee can get str buff from cleric/druid and get syr buff. Velocitas buff from wizard and get super speed.
Mages cannot get these buffs to help them.

-Relevel/Repull - due to his. Melees relevel at an alarming rate over mages. I wish ej could track relevel/Repull so he can see how often melees relevel compared to mages.

Cons hp - melees need no cons to get 4k hp where a mage in 19 cons will get half of that ( at base).
Before you Say mages get more that's ONLY if you're weari g hp bonus rings/ gear/props on gear/PvP stat points 10% etc.

Try them both at base (no gear) therefore it's not a class thing but gear/prop thing.

To that note, if you want to compare hp melees can get same if not more AMP that mages which have resist mastery skill as part of their tree.

Again, props.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 pm

lol my mages with 19 cons sit at 3.4-3.6k hp and FAR STRONGER buffs than melees

if i went mid cons(35-45) id have like 4.5-5k hp on a mage

with high cons 50-61 id have 5-5.5k hp

this is counted WITH FIERCE

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 pm

My lvl 67 wizard wearing hp/amp or hp/amb vis mederi rings only has 3.2k with 45 cons. Do high end mage rings really give that much of a boost in hp? My wizard struggles to survive anywhere PVE much less PVP.

I think balancing in the future needs to be done on a base level not including gear. I believe this is why there is so much unbalance between classes. Then AFTER balancing is done on characters w/o gear or in equal quality gear THEN gear should get balanced after that.

There is no way we can keep things balanced in pvp or pve when there are such huge gaps in gear. I believe this is why pvp used to be better than today, because there was not a huge difference in wearing a spirit leather VS. a ominex leather. The difference were enough the be felt, but you could still compete. I am not saying that we should revert to the old days, however, i believe the gaps in gear should be closed some.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 pm

Exactly alpine.

Nerd Is saying his mage in 19 cons however not mentioning he's wearing TWO SUPER adept rings (11% bonus hp built in on EACH) Plus all the other bonus hp props he is stacking.

Hey but if stacking those rings adds that much hp then maybe it's finally time to REDUCE the up built Ins of super adept rings to 6 % and regular ones to 5%.

Also nerf hp bonus on vis omni type rings to like 6%.

HE also has "FAR STRONGER buffs than melees" because he has 150% ALL MAGIC DAMAGE which BUFFS the buffs by a huge amount.
Those same buffs he uses to buff his own melee.

Last edited by Loki on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next