View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 King Credits 

well you habve to remember...there are hundreds of characters archived with TRADABLE gear. So you cant trade whats not accessible and with lower population.

NDNT was never an issue when there was 100+ players all the time because people were trading.

Now, most of that gear is locked on archived account and 20 players at all times = duhh reduced trading and reduced pvp...

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 am

From Jan 30th "Clean out archives?"
ejthayer wrote:
Archived players don't affect anything at all, what are you trying to do here?

Your response is completely incorrect, and a blatant attempt to spread misinformation as you are the very next post, just 6 days ago, after his response:
Loki wrote:
That's good news. I'm not sure what main post was about but I didn't think they affected drops. I remember you say it didnt .
Also, you were the very next post before his, asking for his opinion on the matter.

Your posts have been quite constructive lately, so I will keep any further speculation to myself. I just hope I am wrong in my assumption of blatant misinformation and it is just an oversight that the stated conversation happened.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 am

Yes I know.

I'm not saying archived characters affect the DROPS / FLOW OF GEAR.

I know what ej said.

Im saying if 10 players all have Vos/Vovs/Super Vexar Robes and ALL quit.

ALL those items are NO LONGER FOR TRADE......... until they are FOUND again (which could be years).

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:56 am

Suiicidal wrote:
I agree with Xen101.

I apologize for typo's, I have no contacts and can not see the screen well.

We need more tradable gear. NDNT was great in concept, but with how it ended up it is not a boon anymore. It was awesome to find ndnt before, it was a rarity and an item you knew you couldnt lose. On that note we have hit a point where that aspect of the ability to drop items on death is not a focal point, magic bags and redos have done away with that. It is something, we as a player-base, have become accustomed too. The way it is now, you have to make a major mistake to lose and item and it should,d stay that way because newer players will be turned off by loosing gear any easier than it is. This would,d be repairable, but not without alienating the current player base. Gear would have to be significantly easier to come by, propping would need more possibilities (making it significant harder to make perfect gear, NDNT would ahve to be a rarity, bags and redos would have to be significant limited, bags would need a single equip limit, and bags/redos would have to be given a higher chance of failure. I don't think this is feasible, again because it would alienate the current playerbase.

Adjustments to all, stated previously, in some way, shape, or form would make the game more appealing in the long run for newer players. We should not only focus on how we want the game, but how we will bring more into the game to make it more enjoyable for eachother. An adjustment to the rarity of tradable items alone would be a significant boon to all of us as the economy would grow, it would pull back returning players, and in turn bring in new players from the returning players. After that we need some short game work (early levels) to make the game's start for a new player more appealing.

I understand for some of the adjustments would be quite bothersome for those of us who have worked hard to be where we are at. However, we are at a stalemate. We have reached a point where not only has our player playerbase dwindles, but the likelihood of a returning player has diminished. I honestly think and feel the same way most of you do, but realize that the way we want it to be is not how the game will grow. This is a great game, one which even when a player is not active they are still lurking these forums. A game which pulls us back constantly. We are at a new generation of players and need to account for that. \

We need major changed. Gear acquisition is a major issue currently. After that we need content: new gear sets for allure, more possible props to spice things up (possible changing what people consider 'perfect' entirely), expanded hunting grounds for all levels, guild halls (an I do mean guild, something that has to be contributed too each month to be continued. not just a link), and then who knows maybe Valenthra realizes we are getting ever so close to her defeat and calls in reinforcement changing the landscape old DS as we know it. Small tweaks can still be implemented and adjusted as things move forward.

Over the past few months, and this is coming from someone who usually only lurks, these forums have become a lot more amicable and Ej seems not only more vocal, but hearing us. It's time we start coming together on discussions and figureing out not just the small tweaks but major things that will help the game move forward. Things that, once implemented, are not a bash fest but discussions on how they can be tweaked for the better.

Welcome to the outside world of Xen Suii..Xenimus should not be focused around US. Not the current player base. It should be for the future. We need to look into improving things that value the new player, not the "hardcore" players of todays Xen. That is not the answer. Not MANY gamers would want to play a game where they will quite possibly die and lose the gear they worked for. That is OLD xenimus, back when RPG's were coming out weekly and they were a thing. Xenimus is a indie game worked by EJ.

It should rotate around what he can do so when a new player does join, he doesn't leave immediately.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:17 am

Xen101, I am happy you posted before I got to lol. I was about to feed into back-peddling absurdity.

I completely agree. I have been playing close to around 20 years and like I said, I want to agree with those hardcore players. The issue there is we are the hardcore players, we are the ones that didn't dwindle. Adjusting to a new style, without removing the core game play, would be off putting to start but think of what we play today. The new games are not designed around the old values. This game has a nostalgic feel, and this upcoming year could be phenomenal if it can be tapped into. The AAA gaming scene is in an uproar and other games are releasing 'back to the basics' servers.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:00 am

Agree with xen101 that ndnt should be for lower levels only. Tricky though how EJ could implement this: ability to convert 2 or 3 of your ndnt items to tradable before they are wiped? Those with multiple accounts would obviously benefit most but would be a lovely injection into the economy and lots of people would need to fill their ndnt slots which would be interesting

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:31 pm

ej said multiple times he will NEVER make ndnt into tradable.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Goldmine wrote:
Agree with xen101 that ndnt should be for lower levels only. Tricky though how EJ could implement this: ability to convert 2 or 3 of your ndnt items to tradable before they are wiped? Those with multiple accounts would obviously benefit most but would be a lovely injection into the economy and lots of people would need to fill their ndnt slots which would be interesting

That will also fill the pockets of those who happen to fill their entire storage with NDNT's. I don't agree with the switching of NDNT to trade gear. Just let it be gone and we can work on moving towards new gear.

It always seems to boost population when gear drops happen.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:18 pm

I was suggesting if it was done 2 items per account could be made ndnt not every item. However, I would also prefer ndnt was just removed full stop. A change to would be needed to enable tradable gear to flow into the game though, such as changing Kings Quest or boosting 70 pull

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm

a easy fix is just to make gear drop more. I still cant believe sometimes how manny hours i played this game and i never found sh*t. I made exp equal to 3 chars to level 70 or more and never found a decent item. Best item i pulled was dirus boots. My best found gear, without lucky drops active, was d wand / grey shroud. Its just like wtf. People that play xen dont have time like they use to when they were teenagers hahaha. Ej doesnt want to believe this and says that more tradable gear will crash the economy, well, look at it now lol.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next