View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 King Credits 

Quote:

I did an update today to offer a new quest to players below a certain wealth level. It is a long chain quest that will result in a really cool item chance.

A couple good things should happen.

This will allow people who are more independent to get some better gear. But it won't get you super powerful, you will still need to raid. But this will help you compete.

People with tons of gear will not be able to just trade it off or sell it so they can do this quest, this is for the non rich players to gain some balance.

I will be setting this quest to only be doable once per day.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:00 pm

yes once per day

nowhere there does it say ANYTHING ABOUT A WEALTH LIMIT

originally there was suppose to be a Wealth limit for Items KEPT

but certain peoples crying made ej give a minimum of 25 wealth per item even IF you sold it

so you could basicly do quest 16 times in total and get jack sh*t

this here is what ruined the king quest

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:14 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
yes once per day

originally there was suppose to be a Wealth limit for Items KEPT

but certain peoples crying made ej give a minimum of 25 wealth per item even IF you sold it

so you could basicly do quest 16 times in total and get jack sh*t

this here is what ruined the king quest

Besides having gear previously, +1. I know I changed om plates a few times before kq was introduced, and I got 2 turn-ins...luckily it was 2 good items for my class.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
yes once per day

Loki wrote:
Quote:

I did an update today to offer a new quest to players below a certain wealth level.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:08 am

Loki wrote:
LiftingNerd wrote:
yes once per day

Loki wrote:
Quote:

I did an update today to offer a new quest to players below a certain wealth level.

an update he did because certain people cried

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:29 am

LiftingNerd wrote:

an update he did because certain people cried

WRONG. That quoted post is from the ORIGINAL post ej made when he FIRST added King Quest. It was always like that from the start.

http://xenimus.com/Posts.aspx

Quote:
Talk to the King!! 1-27-2018

I did an update today to offer a new quest to players below a certain wealth level. It is a long chain quest that will result in a really cool item chance.

A couple good things should happen.

This will allow people who are more independent to get some better gear. But it won't get you super powerful, you will still need to raid. But this will help you compete.

People with tons of gear will not be able to just trade it off or sell it so they can do this quest, this is for the non rich players to gain some balance.

I will be setting this quest to only be doable once per day.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 am

im talking about the 25 wealth added for items EVEN IF you sell them

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 am

how do some of these people still have green status lol.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:32 am

The issue isn't King's Quest, it's the NDNT system as a whole. I know what the initial response from my next set of comments will be, please understand this is to give perspective. The intent is not to say we need to move backwards.

The early day's of xen (pre-magic bag) things were always find-able. Gear traded hands, wanted and unwanted alike, constantly. When Mystic and spirit gear was the end-game, it was abundant. Not to the point everyone had it, but enough that you could put time in over a week and find something. To top it off it traded hands still, wanted and unwanted alike. After NDNT was introduced, and the end tier gear we have now, not only did it become almost impossible to find something worthwhile to trade but the gap in gains from tier to tier became immense.

Now I like the aspect of being able to lose gear, despite the rage that ensues. However, we are in a time when the allure of that risk is more detrimental than anything else. To diminish the detriment and encourage the pvp, the system of NDNT needs to be looked at. Don't get me wrong, I like NDNT items. However they should be a rarity, not whats most abundant. It should be that rare item that you get to say haha pk me all you want you can't have it. Instead almost everything we get is NDNT and tradable items are a unicorn since you either put an exuberant amount of hrs in a week (to which, even then, you normally just find cons fodder) or gained items at the ground floor as they were added.

All this has done is create an environment that is very unfriendly to new or returning players. An environment that, at it's very core, leaves only those who have played constantly for years on end to enjoy the game at it's fullest and create a $ market for items. I am not trying to say that those who have played for a large amount of time shouldn't have some type of advantage, but it shouldn't be one that that completely alienates other from continuing.

To tie this all, King's Quest does need to be looked at. It's intention was to give players a step up, and it accomplished this in a way. It's implementation was great and the concept worked. However as time passed and it was completed, over and over, it is not tried and true. Yes it gives you a step up, but you still plateau. Turns out it's like going from a crawl to walking, with running being elusive. Gains are what keep players interested. We need daily's and monthly's, things that give a chance. Not just NDNT though.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 am

ya i agree ndnts are the problem

but ej doesnt seem keen on removing them

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next