View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Programmable Keys and Macros 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Posts: 50
Few questions regarding this.

1. Are macros allowed?
2. How come the macros I have tried, do not work inside xenimus client?
3. Is a programmable keyboard needed for effective macros, or does it only offer a few more buttons to map.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 am
Posts: 1352
EJ has said aslong as they dont play the game for you its fine

but what constitutes that is rather vague as ive heard people getting deleted for a simple auto klick macro

meanwhile ive heard others use far more elaborate ones without getting deleted


Last edited by LiftingNerd on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:41 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Posts: 152
Data_masked wrote:
Few questions regarding this.

1. Are macros allowed?
2. How come the macros I have tried, do not work inside xenimus client?
3. Is a programmable keyboard needed for effective macros, or does it only offer a few more buttons to map.


I once asked E.J. if I made a macro that star + multi on 1 key stroke if it was ok or not. He said:

Quote:
Yes that is fine.

Macros are fine as long as they don't play the game for you.


Also I use Logitech's software for mouse and keyboards macros

_________________
I represent the level 64 and under.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 pm
Posts: 1449
These posts are correct, as long as they do not play the game for you.

Keep in mind, a couple people did try to abuse this by setting up a macro that was basically a bot then sat there watching TV while pressing a key to repeat the bot sequence. I deleted both of those chars. If you try to use macros as an excuse to bot I will delete the character.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 am
Posts: 638
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
ejthayer wrote:
These posts are correct, as long as they do not play the game for you.

Keep in mind, a couple people did try to abuse this by setting up a macro that was basically a bot then sat there watching TV while pressing a key to repeat the bot sequence. I deleted both of those chars. If you try to use macros as an excuse to bot I will delete the character.

So setting up a macro to dps at a boss (cast spells) then tossing in some of your own buffs/dots or whatever is ok? curious because i do this to save my hands from arthritis

_________________
Oh, I miss Xencon
Image


Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 pm
Posts: 1449
That sounds reasonable.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:16 pm
Posts: 46
I've wondered this too because when your sitting there constantly beaming for over 5mins your hand starts cramping up lol.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:18 am
Posts: 261
ejthayer wrote:
That sounds reasonable.




how it is far for tho's who got no idea to use macros to help play a game

_________________
Prysionero is the first level 60 get deleted In xen2.0


Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 pm
Posts: 152
bottlecup wrote:
ejthayer wrote:
That sounds reasonable.




how it is far for tho's who got no idea to use macros to help play a game

Google is your friend. If you can read this will not be very hard.

_________________
I represent the level 64 and under.


Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 am
Posts: 638
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
bottlecup wrote:
how it is far for tho's who got no idea to use macros to help play a game

some dude wrote:
Google is your friend

In the words of EJ "That sounds reasonable"

_________________
Oh, I miss Xencon
Image


Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.