View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Encouraging people to play at 70 

EJ should just make it so that mobs can drop anything up to 5 levels higher than their actual level.
So if I am hunting top DD and killing lvl 120 mobs, the drop pool should include potentially anything from 1-125.

If I am hunting death knights (which I think are like 80-85), the drop pool should be anything from 1 to 85-90.
That way if you're trying to find, let's say a dirus sword for example, you're not stuck trying to hunt in only one spot where the mobs are ~level 100 or so, you could potentially find one from any monsters level 97-120 as well.

This way people are not finding vexar from level 10 mobs, but from monsters who are strong enough to drop that type of gear.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 pm

dream wrote:
EJ should just make it so that mobs can drop anything up to 5 levels higher than their actual level.
So if I am hunting top DD and killing lvl 120 mobs, the drop pool should include potentially anything from 1-125.

If I am hunting death knights (which I think are like 80-85), the drop pool should be anything from 1 to 85-90.
That way if you're trying to find, let's say a dirus sword for example, you're not stuck trying to hunt in only one spot where the mobs are ~level 100 or so, you could potentially find one from any monsters level 97-120 as well.

This way people are not finding vexar from level 10 mobs, but from monsters who are strong enough to drop that type of gear.

+1k, I say gear should have drop potential up to 10 lvls higher than the mob.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 pm

I think any 70 hunting spot should have the chance to drop any item. The harder the spot the higher the % of a better item.

If not there should be some areas with 120 melee mobs other than DD. I almost only ever see mages farming DD due to the mechanics só think a spot that was more melee friendly would beneficial if we are encouraging people to play

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Loki wrote:
Yeah so then no one would want to or need to hunt lvl 70_120+ mobs cuz u could just farm lava imps all day to find vexar..... dumb idea.

I like how you constantly try to dumb down peoples ideas. If you actually read the post you would know that hunting lava imps for Vexar items is not something anyone wants nor was it even asked for in this post.

I will refer you to #3 on the list. Please learn to read before you post. Ty.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Zannah wrote:
Personally I never liked how EJ made drops based on monster level. I think going back to the old ways of being able to get super lucky and find something nice no matter where you are hunting is what made Xenimus unique. I think this is a pretty good post, and adding a larger drop pool for 70's would really help the game.

Players have been struggling for years to acquire good drops, basically ever since the restructure happened drops are at an all time low. Pretty sure there isn't even a single tradeable VoV on prime, but there is on full PvP. That is due to the fact that EJ has already (kind of) made this change on full PvP server and I think it should be implemented on prime.

I was replying to YOUR post Hannah. Specifically the part you said " super lucky and find something nice no matter where you are hunting ".

I didn't read the main post as he is blocked so I didn't read his text and just replying to the replies.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

So the drop rates at pvp server is higher ?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 pm

[quote="Loki"][quote="Zannah"]Personally I never liked how EJ made drops based on monster level. I think going back to the old ways of being able to get super lucky and find something nice no matter where you are hunting is what made Xenimus unique. I think this is a pretty good post, and adding a larger drop pool for 70's would really help the game.

Players have been struggling for years to acquire good drops, basically ever since the restructure happened drops are at an all time low. Pretty sure there isn't even a single tradeable VoV on prime, but there is on full PvP. That is due to the fact that EJ has already (kind of) made this change on full PvP server and I think it should be implemented on prime.[/quote]

I was replying to YOUR post Hannah. Specifically the part you said " super lucky and find something nice no matter where you are hunting ".

I didn't read the main post as he is blocked so I didn't read his text and just replying to the replies.[/quote]

If you havent read the thread then you shouldnt be contributing and admins should stop you for trolling. However....

We all know you havent blocked me and have read everything. You just replied to me today on another thread : [quote="Loki"]80+ for mystic is absurd. 80+ items are elite and you can make a lvl 40 in 2-3 hours.[/quote]

either way clear trolling. Admins please clean up as this has been a very clean thread up until his "contribution"

Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

First off, if you feel something is trolling why continue to respond to them? All you are doing is filling up the thread with more trash. Which, if the intention is to troll, they are accomplishing part of what they wanted. Let the admin(s) do their job, don't add to it.

I have to agree with the direction of this topic. Item drops need to be easier to obtain and I like the idea of having a chance for a mob to drop up to +10 of it's level. I think that it would work well but would need some rarity based on the monster you are fighting, not just the rarity of the item.

Example (% and ilvl just for show, I don't know where items actually fall)
A lvl 80 mob could have the possibility to drop up to ilvl90:
    ilvl1-40 - 60%
    ilvl41-55 - 25%
    ilvl56-75 - 10%
    ilvl76-80 - 4%
    ilvl81-90 - 1%

Where a lvl120 mob could have the possibility to drop up to ilvl130:
    ilvl1-60 - 60%
    ilvl61-90 - 25%
    ilvl91-100 - 10%
    ilvl101-120 - 4%
    ilvl121-130 - 1%

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Suiicidal wrote:
First off, if you feel something is trolling why continue to respond to them? All you are doing is filling up the thread with more trash. Which, if the intention is to troll, they are accomplishing part of what they wanted. Let the admin(s) do their job, don't add to it.

I have to agree with the direction of this topic. Item drops need to be easier to obtain and I like the idea of having a chance for a mob to drop up to +10 of it's level. I think that it would work well but would need some rarity based on the monster you are fighting, not just the rarity of the item.

Example (% and ilvl just for show, I don't know where items actually fall)
A lvl 80 mob could have the possibility to drop up to ilvl90:
    ilvl1-40 - 60%
    ilvl41-55 - 25%
    ilvl56-75 - 10%
    ilvl76-80 - 4%
    ilvl81-90 - 1%

Where a lvl120 mob could have the possibility to drop up to ilvl130:
    ilvl1-60 - 60%
    ilvl61-90 - 25%
    ilvl91-100 - 10%
    ilvl101-120 - 4%
    ilvl121-130 - 1%

I get 1% sounds low.. however think about how much of THOUSANDS of monsters you kill by end of day. With 1% you're very likely to get a drop every 100 of monsters.. as a player that sounds AMAZING, but think about that from Ej's point of view.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:37 pm

I think he means 1% of drops would give an item that level. Drops remaining as rare as they are now but quality of the drops improves

I have a different take. There are probably 200+ equip level 65 items. Allow any of these items to potentially drop at any level 70 hunting spot. The harder the mobs the more regular the drops e.g on average 5000 DKs per drop and 500 level 120 mobs

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next