View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Raid loot options 

Data_masked wrote:
LiftingNerd wrote:
Data_masked wrote:
Idk why everyone is so fixated on master looter. Having the opportunity to roll on something before it is dropped is basically the same thing except the computer is the "master looter".

Having one person with that kind of responsibility....in this game...no thanks.

there is a big diffrence

master looter can give items to people that need it

Computer gives it randomly and alot of times to people that dont need it

A roll system would allow people to opt out of competing for loot. The only players who would roll would be players who needed it. My point is, the exact thing you are asking a master looter to do can be automated and remove the need of a master looter.

Imagine running with 7 people, 6 are in the same link and you're the odd one out. With master looter in place, do you honestly think you have any chance at getting any gear in this situation? BTW, it's a rhetorical question.

if thats the case why is that person even there? he is basicly leeching of that link in the scenario you described

but yes IF that person contribued he would mostlikely get loot...

i mean f**k i hosted Tons of Pugs with mainly guildies on wow we always handed out loot to the none guildies if they won rolls and actually needed the gear

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Data_masked wrote:
LiftingNerd wrote:
Data_masked wrote:
Idk why everyone is so fixated on master looter. Having the opportunity to roll on something before it is dropped is basically the same thing except the computer is the "master looter".

Having one person with that kind of responsibility....in this game...no thanks.

there is a big diffrence

master looter can give items to people that need it

Computer gives it randomly and alot of times to people that dont need it

A roll system would allow people to opt out of competing for loot. The only players who would roll would be players who needed it. My point is, the exact thing you are asking a master looter to do can be automated and remove the need of a master looter.

Imagine running with 7 people, 6 are in the same link and you're the odd one out. With master looter in place, do you honestly think you have any chance at getting any gear in this situation? BTW, it's a rhetorical question.

Exactly. The systems fine as is.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:37 pm

if thats the case why is that person even there? he is basicly leeching of that link in the scenario you described

i mean f**k i hosted Tons of Pugs with mainly guildies on wow we always handed out loot to the none guildies if they won rolls and actually needed the gear - Lifting Nerd

Big difference is that you didn't have or hold any emotions towards the people you were raiding with. A lot of people are emotionally attached to one another and cannot get past their emotions to do the right thing. You would never give an item to Loki even if he did 99% of the damage. Why? because the emotions you have had in the past about loki will not let you do that. And that's not just calling you out specifically. Majority of the players wouldn't give Loki items.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Rippy wrote:

i mean f**k i hosted Tons of Pugs with mainly guildies on wow we always handed out loot to the none guildies if they won rolls and actually needed the gear - Lifting Nerd

Big difference is that you didn't have or hold any emotions towards the people you were raiding with. A lot of people are emotionally attached to one another and cannot get past their emotions to do the right thing. You would never give an item to Loki even if he did 99% of the damage. Why? because the emotions you have had in the past about loki will not let you do that. And that's not just calling you out specifically. Majority of the players wouldn't give Loki items.

i simply woudnt even do a boss with loki there.... your point being?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
Rippy wrote:

That your attempt at trying to be “golden boy” is dumb. You bring up your past experiences in different games in order to try and build some gain some credibility when it comes to being Trustworthy.

That being said, master looter works because classes have specific gear that only their class can use and raids are instanced. In the cases they are not instances and are world bosses, the game is giving out so many that players don’t complain because they know they are going to receive atleast something.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
Rippy wrote:

Odd when me and capt would do raids you would leech from us 24/7 since we were the first ones doing Dd lol

Maybe I'll have to post some old videos of raids I'm in and YOU ARE THERE lol.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:43 pm

a lot of your more better geared toons would be there because one of there items are lacking important props or for a chance at a rare drop like vov or in most cases theres never good dps or good tank to do it and they need a more elite geared toon to show up and help out

which is where the loot system can have an opt out function for ppl who don't need the item wouldn't be a bad idea in those situations I hate when I end up getting something I don't need but link does but it cant be helped especially when its a mage item as hard as it is for mages to get those as is

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 pm

I did speak with EJ today about raiding - and brought up an idea of bosses dropping less gear - and also dropping crafting material to each raid member - the items being trade-able. You need a set amount of items to craft a piece of gear you want of course the item you choose will be NDNT when you choose it. from the sound of his response he liked the idea - this would bring people into to raid - and also put some economy into doing bosses as if you do not need the mats anymore you can trade them - so on so forth - He also thought about maybe doing a SUPER SUPER rare item that if added with the items would make it trade-able

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:12 am

Invincible wrote:
I did speak with EJ today about raiding - and brought up an idea of bosses dropping less gear - and also dropping crafting material to each raid member - the items being trade-able. You need a set amount of items to craft a piece of gear you want of course the item you choose will be NDNT when you choose it. from the sound of his response he liked the idea - this would bring people into to raid - and also put some economy into doing bosses as if you do not need the mats anymore you can trade them - so on so forth - He also thought about maybe doing a SUPER SUPER rare item that if added with the items would make it trade-able

It sounds like a cool idea, but the problem with the super super rare item is that it is TOO powerful of an item. We need to stop recommending things that will make players have an EXTREME advantage over others.

That item is literally going to be used on items that are already overpowered on specific characters tradable and accessible to all of the owners characters.

IMO too hard of a power spike.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:59 pm

make raid merchants for each set of boss, add a token currency for each merchant added per boss that gets raided by players, Each player that helps with dps/heal or tank get x amount for helping depending on the role they took.

Make each token obtain from the boss NDNT, then make each weapon from said boss merchant be a total of 100 tokens needed for x weapon, 120 for each armor piece needed from said merchant, and 250 for rings.

Problem solved no one gets a random "loot" and everyone gets the same exact reward and no one complaining raids anymore because they'll be decked out eventually with a proper team/guild. Then we'll have late game pvp being somewhat balance with people all have an equally fair chance of killing others with gear not being a major issue.

Why hasn't this been done yet? No idea but it's been mention 100 times on discord to ej and suggested as an idea when i played but hey it's only been over 2 years now and people still arguing over and over about the same stuff while being bias about everything.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next